eason cues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elwood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
There's a cue maker named Eason who used to post here quite a bit. I'm wondering if anyone knows if he still makes cues. Thanks

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Every cue he makes is either returned or the buyer tries to return it to Jeff Eason. When they try, now Mr. Eason tells them he does not take them back even when all of the cues he makes flop around like fish. He tells his buyers to just sell the cue to someone else. I got a break-jump cue from him that is so bad that i gave it to Leon Sly to see if he could do anything at all to fix Eason's mess. Leon said that it was junk a would not touch it. Leon screwed the cue together and rolled it and was amazed at how bad it was. When Leon unscrewed the back piece, the PVC insert that had the threads to recieve the pin unraveled around the pin coming right out of the cue. When Mr. Eason was told of all this, he said that he did not want any more of his cues back and has already spent the money. He told me to sell it to someone else. Personally i would sooner put it into the fireplace where in my opinion all of his cues belong. Bob C. from MD.

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
If you want a decent cue, stick with reputable cue makers. Look at the makers that Bamacues sells cues made by. Joe is a class act and you'll never go wrong dealing with him.Bob C. from MD.

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
bobco729 said:
Every cue he makes is either returned or the buyer tries to return it to Jeff Eason. When they try, now Mr. Eason tells them he does not take them back even when all of the cues he makes flop around like fish. He tells his buyers to just sell the cue to someone else. I got a break-jump cue from him that is so bad that i gave it to Leon Sly to see if he could do anything at all to fix Eason's mess. Leon said that it was junk a would not touch it. Leon screwed the cue together and rolled it and was amazed at how bad it was. When Leon unscrewed the back piece, the PVC insert that had the threads to recieve the pin unraveled around the pin coming right out of the cue. When Mr. Eason was told of all this, he said that he did not want any more of his cues back and has already spent the money. He told me to sell it to someone else. Personally i would sooner put it into the fireplace where in my opinion all of his cues belong. Bob C. from MD.

I will add to this. I was not going to take it public but I guess now that its a little snowball I will speak up. I advised my friend to pickup one of his cues because I had seen he was a new builder and it was cheap. Well lets just say it was beyond cheaply made. It didnt even look like the blank had been turned down. It was like holding a baseball bat. It looked like he matched up the butt to the skinny shaft within an inch so it looked like a durastic taper. It flopped around badly. He has been trying to get his money back for 2 months and he keeps getting the run around.

Last edited:

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
As far as the man Jeff Eason goes he seems to be a pretty decent guy
trying to learn and improve his cue building skills . Every cue builder out there
had to start some where .

As for my dealings with Eason cues . I made a trade with Jeff for two of his cues for a Instroke case . I got the cues and was not very happy so i called mr.Eason and explained the issues i had with the cues i had just received .
He seemed very interested in making things right with me and offered to make the cues right and even throw in another cue free of charge or send me my case back . I chose to have him send my case back to me and we both lost around $40 on shipping :frown: But he did stand behind this deal and made it right minus the $40 i lost in shipping but hey whats $40 ?

Mr.Eason if your reading this i wish all the luck in everything you do Sir.

Thanks ....... Larry

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
Rating - 98.5%
67   1   0
My turn

I also had issues with a cue from Mr. Eason and just to make a long story short I consider myself lucky now that I got my money back minus the shipping.
I too, wish him the best of luck.

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
i bought a jump break off jeff. i was very happy with the cue. the first night out with it i won a rolling pot for $1976 for a eight ball snap and went on to win the tournament for another 300. my experiences with the guy have been great. i won't hesitate to buy from jeff again.

Easonscues

Easonscues.com
Silver Member
Rating - 88%
22   3   0
bobco729 said:

Bob, Never mind Im not going there. Hope you have good luck with all things.God bless you, Jeff

Easonscues

Easonscues.com
Silver Member
Rating - 88%
22   3   0
Remy said:
I also had issues with a cue from Mr. Eason and just to make a long story short I consider myself lucky now that I got my money back minus the shipping.

Remy, The cue you got had no problems .another Azer seen it and another 1 got it and seen it was str8 also. Im tired of people buying and not liking the hit are feel which diff. for every1. but they say something is wrong with it and when I get it back nothing is wrong. If something is wrong I will take care of it ,but the feel is the problem.Resale it like every1 does.Some1 doesnt like a Carter and they sale it for something else. God bless you .Jeff

Easonscues

Easonscues.com
Silver Member
Rating - 88%
22   3   0
eezbank said:
i bought a jump break off jeff. i was very happy with the cue. the first night out with it i won a rolling pot for $1976 for a eight ball snap and went on to win the tournament for another 300. my experiences with the guy have been great. i won't hesitate to buy from jeff again.

Thanks Eric,
Yours is coming along great and will be ready to ship Mon.are Tues. Thanks Again Jeff
IM000009-6.jpg

IM000010-6.jpg

IM000011-3.jpg

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
Morals

hawk4863 said:
Resale it like every1 does.Some1 doesnt like a Carter and they sale it for something else. God bless you .Jeff

If you bought a New Cue from Carter and you did not like the cue, no matter what you didnt like about it, he would refund you your money. I would expect any respectable business person to take care of his customers ESPECIALLY if he bought it NEW from the maker. Second hand is a different story but some cue builders will even take care of you if it were second hand.

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
Monday I will post some detailed close up pictures of the cue you sold to my friend for everyone to inspect and get their opinions. The cue was ab Ebony sneaky, I remember the ad said you had run into problems and needed to sell because of that.

Easonscues

Easonscues.com
Silver Member
Rating - 88%
22   3   0
Im not saying I have had problems with some cues and I did take care of those and if it comes up in the future I will then also but I will have to see it b4 I refund.No more (cue surfers refunds).I hope everyone can respect that and understand ,I know other cue makers will but wont post it and I understand that also. Jeff

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
Ok well I will get pictures up for you to review on Monday so we can work out a refund for my friend.

Easonscues

Easonscues.com
Silver Member
Rating - 88%
22   3   0
Remy said:

Hi Remy,
If you cue was so bad then why leave this in my (itrader) Highly Figered Coco 03-31-2008 04:57 PM Remy Got the cue today as described. Thank you )
Later Jeff

runall8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Remy said:

same here....cue looked like junk...joe

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
iowa_player said:
As far as the man Jeff Eason goes he seems to be a pretty decent guy
trying to learn and improve his cue building skills . Every cue builder out there
had to start some where .

As for my dealings with Eason cues . I made a trade with Jeff for two of his cues for a Instroke case . I got the cues and was not very happy so i called mr.Eason and explained the issues i had with the cues i had just received .
He seemed very interested in making things right with me and offered to make the cues right and even throw in another cue free of charge or send me my case back . I chose to have him send my case back to me and we both lost around $40 on shipping :frown: But he did stand behind this deal and made it right minus the $40 i lost in shipping but hey whats $40 ?

Mr.Eason if your reading this i wish all the luck in everything you do Sir.

Thanks ....... Larry
Decent Guy NOT!! He will not take his cues back when they are screwed up and give a refund. He says to sell them yourself to another sucker. Bob C. from MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.