Big release this Wednesday: 11 years in the making!

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a crazy idea 11 years ago and pursued it for a short while, but for many reasons I got distracted from it. About 3 years ago I finally picked it up again, and for nearly the past 3 years I've been developing, testing and refining it. It has truly been the main focus of my life for all that time. I estimate that I've worked about 5,000 hours on it so far. :thud:

But I can finally see the finish line!

I awoke in the middle of the night too excited to get back to sleep, so I figured I'd take this time in the dark to make the announcement. It's been a lonely and grueling 3 years, so I hope you don't mind my enthusiasm to get it out to you.

It's unique. It's radical. It's a totally new approach. It's crazy, but it works. It really helped my game. And it's almost here.

It's also immense at about 40,000 words and 750 images :eek:, although I will also be releasing an abridged version for the overwhelmed. :yeah:

And like the printable training tools I released last year, it will all be donation-based so that everyone who wants to learn it will have access to it.

I have tweaks to make to my website https://cueandme.com before I can release it, but as long as my internet stays alive this Wednesday 11-6-19 is the day! I'm not sure what time of the day, but hopefully late morning Eastern Time.

Although it's a radical approach, it plays well with others, so it can be used alongside all of the current methods being taught by your favorite instructors. You can use it as your primary method or as an alternative method for training and double-checking your work.

Before attempting to get back to sleep I want to mention that one of the reasons I wanted to make it donation-based is to allow for the many people applying it to offer feedback to help me make it better. Although I've put a lot of effort into developing it, I'm just one person with one brain. I look forward to what hopefully thousands in the cue sport community with their unique perspectives will come up with to help improve it.

I guess that's it for now. Lots still left to do over the next two days, but I'm excited. Are you excited? I hope so!

Stay tuned, and thank for reading!

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi jeff
I'm intrigued
always curious what results
when passion and hard work hug it out
congrats on the impending drop:thumbup:

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi jeff
I'm intrigued
always curious what results
when passion and hard work hug it out
congrats on the impending drop:thumbup:

I agree. I'm a person who struggles to find that passion, but this has been quite an all-consuming and fascinating journey. Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For anyone that has churned out anything regarding creativity and fortitude—a book, piece of art, feature film, short video, etc—there is a sense of accomplishment when that final period is dotted, or the that final scene is completed.

Without seeing or knowing what you took so many hours to create, I just want to say congratulations on seeing your vision into reality. You will have added something new, no matter how it is received, into the pool lexicon. Ultimately, If someone takes that knowledge and builds a better experience and/or performance in pool, your efforts will not have been wasted. For that I say, thank you.

We are only on this planet for a sliver of time, but to use that limited time to work, create, and leave something behind that will endure and assist others for years into the future is a real success all on its own. And not an hour of that 5,000 you spent creating will have been wasted.

Congratulations and thank you. I look forward to hearing more.

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For anyone that has churned out anything regarding creativity and fortitude—a book, piece of art, feature film, short video, etc—there is a sense of accomplishment when that final period is dotted, or the that final scene is completed.

Without seeing or knowing what you took so many hours to create, I just want to say congratulations on seeing your vision into reality. You will have added something new, no matter how it is received, into the pool lexicon. Ultimately, If someone takes that knowledge and builds a better experience and/or performance in pool, your efforts will not have been wasted. For that I say, thank you.

We are only on this planet for a sliver of time, but to use that limited time to work, create, and leave something behind that will endure and assist others for years into the future is a real success all on its own. And not an hour of that 5,000 you spent creating will have been wasted.

Congratulations and thank you. I look forward to hearing more.

Cardigan Kid,

You're quite welcome! And thank you so very much for such a beautiful sentiment and perspective on the whole thing! It was great to come back to this thread and see such a well-written and encouraging message!

I've witnessed some pretty brutal attacks on this forum in the past. That's been in the back of my mind during this whole endeavor and has caused plenty of moments of doubt about whether I should pursue it to the end. But then I'd talk myself back into it and go on the faith that I'm creating something worthwhile, even if only a few people find it worthwhile. I'm really glad I pushed myself and saw it through.

I think the possibility of the release being received poorly is very low, but I've come to a point of acceptance over whatever happens.

All I ask is that after seeing it, nobody calls the authorities to try and put me in a straitjacket. :speechless:

Thanks again for the encouragement, Cardigan Kid and evergruven!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am I in it?

I’ll sign a release!!

Good luck with your project
Fatboy

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Excellent! Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you're putting out!

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent! Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you're putting out!

Thanks, Brian! I think you're gonna dig it. :thumbup2:

I've been away for a while. I didn't realize you had a website. Looks great!