Hi, let's talk about Chinese 8-Ball

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I thought there was some good info in there and didn't see it as advertising at all. The game is here to stay and any info is a good thing.
Just cause you dont want to play it doesnt mean it should be deleted.
Jason

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought there was some good info in there and didn't see it as advertising at all. The game is here to stay and any info is a good thing.
Jason

I would think if you come to this forum to promote something that potentially takes away from this forum then asking that you do so in a professional way, such as paid advertising, is completely within reason.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I would think if you come to this forum to promote something that potentially takes away from this forum then asking that you do so in a professional way, such as paid advertising, is completely within reason.

Lol. The guy gains nothing but he should pay? He was/is providing FREE information to anybody who had a question.

Whats wrong with you people? No, seriously.
Jason

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw the thread several times but never clicked on it.

Ya'll mean to tell me I missed some drama?!

Can somebody fill a brotha in?

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Jason

I felt the same way. I saw no problem with the thread. Sure he loves Chinese 8 ball and wants to see it succeed, but don't we all want to see out favorite pool games succeed? And the way he did it was to simply say I have some fairly intimate knowledge of the game, are there any questions that I could help answer for anyone. He knew that some westerners have competed in the game in the last couple of years, and he knew that quite a few westerners had been exposed to it and have watched some of the Chinese 8 ball videos because of it. It would be logical to think some of us would likely have some questions, and sure enough some did.

He was discussing pool in a thread about pool on a forum about pool and pretty much avoided any blatant advertising and on net was providing way more benefit than he was getting which he probably didn't get any. Heck he ever translated a bunch of names for Mike Page. I saw no problem with is thread or behavior.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bad vibes from that dude, can' really put my finger on it, forum staff made the call, is what it is

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
I felt the same way. I saw no problem with the thread. Sure he loves Chinese 8 ball and wants to see it succeed, but don't we all want to see out favorite pool games succeed? And the way he did it was to simply say I have some fairly intimate knowledge of the game, are there any questions that I could help answer for anyone. He knew that some westerners have competed in the game in the last couple of years, and he knew that quite a few westerners had been exposed to it and have watched some of the Chinese 8 ball videos because of it. It would be logical to think some of us would likely have some questions, and sure enough some did.

He was discussing pool in a thread about pool on a forum about pool and pretty much avoided any blatant advertising and on net was providing way more benefit than he was getting which he probably didn't get any. Heck he ever translated a bunch of names for Mike Page. I saw no problem with is thread or behavior.

I agree completely with this defence. The poster appeared to polite, well informed, and completely honest. I saw no blatant advertising. All that being said.....it is not my forum and I respect the right of those that administer it. If they decide to remove one of my posts for whatever reason.....so be it. A wise man chooses his battles, a wiser man lets others fight it for him.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Jason

I saw the thread several times but never clicked on it.

Ya'll mean to tell me I missed some drama?!

Can somebody fill a brotha in?

Jerry Forsyth let him know, politely, that an ad would be appreciated if he was going to
promote a product....and promoting he was.

CJ Wiley promoted his stuff on here, he bought a gold membership, and he bought an ad.....and made some terrific posts....
....and still managed to catch steam from a bunch of AZers.

This guy should get a free roll?....their business is a bit bigger than CJ's.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Jerry Forsyth let him know, politely, that an ad would be appreciated if he was going to

CJ Wiley promoted his stuff on here, he bought a gold membership, and he bought an ad.....and made some terrific posts....

What business does he have???

Comparing a guy answering questions to CJ:withstupid:
Jason

Btw, i understand it is their forum - i just didnt see it as advertising

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Are Dragon Promotions and Vivian Villareal gold members? One hundred percent of their posts are blatant advertising. Literally 100% of them. I don't see their stuff getting removed though. And that is just two names out of many that could be pointed out.

Yet this guy comes on here and is very borderline advertising at best, is actually contributing heavily to the forums, he is answering questions and providing quality information, he is being helpful to our members, is respectful--yet his very first thread gets yanked where he is contributing. He was unfairly targeted and treated very differently for whatever the reason, possibly because he is a foreigner and it isn't "American" pool like what Charlie Williams and Vivian Villareal advertise? Maybe there is another explanation as to why he was treated so differently but I'm not seeing it it.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Are Dragon Promotions and Vivian Villareal gold members? One hundred percent of their posts are blatant advertising. Literally 100% of them. I don't see their stuff getting removed though. And that is just two names out of many that could be pointed out.

Yet this guy comes on here and is very borderline advertising at best, is actually contributing heavily to the forums, he is answering questions and providing quality information, he is being helpful to our members, is respectful--yet his very first thread gets yanked where he is contributing. He was unfairly targeted and treated very differently for whatever the reason, possibly because he is a foreigner and it isn't "American" pool like what Charlie Williams and Vivian Villareal advertise? Maybe there is another explanation as to why he was treated so differently but I'm not seeing it it.

If only he had a key to the womens hotel rooms

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Agreed. That was an interesting thread with new information. Meanwhile Vivian relentlessly spammed this forum for months with no repercussions.

Last edited:

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait so all you have to do to get a thread deleted around here is simply turn it into a commercial promotion while not a gold member. Previously I thought that all threads were permanent based upon my asking to have two of my own threads deleted previously then posting separately asking why the users do not have the ability to delete their own threads. Even the responses to that were pretty brutal.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,I`m a employee of JOY Billiards,and why my thread has been deleted?

I sent a personal message last week to Jerry asking about the decision to make the particular comments towards the OP that he did and take the position he (they) did regarding this thread and the employee of Joy ----

Basically, (and I summarize) that Joy was a direct competitor of other "paying manufacturers" and it would be a disservice to them by allowing this type of thread.

My opinion -- there's a Big difference between an employee enthusiastically promoting his passion and preferred table (yes, the one he works for) over paying manufacturers (such as Rasson for an example) not getting involved at a personal level here on the forum --- and throwing their money around by way of paid spots.

I wonder if an employee of Brunswick or one of the other hundreds upon hundreds of other pool table manufacturers gets on board AZB and does something similar.

Hmmm - maybe we'd have more people promoting this game.

Sad days here on AZB when this sort of thing happens.

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. The guy gains nothing but he should pay? He was/is providing FREE information to anybody who had a question.

Whats wrong with you people? No, seriously.
Jason

So you didn't actually read his responses I suppose. He was asked many questions about the game and equipment and the only info he provided were links to where to buy the baby snooker tables, from JOY, who don't own the game, but do sell the tables. He was an employee of JOY, as he admitted, and probably one who gets sales commission, which he did not admit. He did nothing BUT advertise, and Mike and Jerry provided him ample opportunity to continue, professionally, before kicking his ass off.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member

Far more examples of the other side of the coin on here. For sale is full of people that sell competing products on a regular basis. Aiming forum , as well as the cue building products are also.

If the rules are the rules then all should be held to them.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
"throwing their money around by way of paid spots."
How else?

No one pays to use AzB or 99% of other sites.
People use a site for free, then complain when it places ads, goes down or has a glitch in the system.
How do you think websites are operated?
By little elves that come in each night and pay for it with pixie dust?

Last edited: