Chalking with the bridge hand

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find that very inelegant. Snooker players chalk with their playing hand and it is much more stylish.

What do you think ?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find that very inelegant. Snooker players chalk with their playing hand and it is much more stylish.

What do you think ?

Does the cueball care what hand you chalk with? Anything other than what you do to the white ball is pretty much meaningless, and not worth devoting much time or energy on.

Mental masturbation is the term most often used to describe pondering 'issues' such as the chalking habits of people who play on opposite sides of the globe.

But hey, if mental masturbation is your thing, dont forget the KY Jelly. Wouldnt want you to get chafed.

a65e75888d3998296157a938d22385b1--hair-websites-hair-brained.jpg

That the kind of answer you looking for? :thumbup:

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the cueball care what hand you chalk with? Anything other than what you do to the white ball is pretty much meaningless, and not worth devoting much time or energy on.

Mental masturbation is the term most often used to describe pondering 'issues' such as the chalking habits of people who play on opposite sides of the globe.

But hey, if mental masturbation is your thing, dont forget the KY Jelly. Wouldnt want you to get chafed.

a65e75888d3998296157a938d22385b1--hair-websites-hair-brained.jpg

That the kind of answer you looking for? :thumbup:

:D:thumbup:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The idea is to get chalk on the tip. Which hand doesn't matter. I use both and don't even think about it at the time.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I chalk with my bridge hand all my life...using the other hand looks awkward to me...
....requires extra movement.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What do you think ?

You can chalk with any hand and still look elegant as long as you keep the pinky of the chalking hand raised. Gimme a break. Is this a for real thread?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
chalk is messy

Chalking with your bridge hand gets the table and YOUR CUE super dirty with chalk. I had to retrain myself to use the other hand and I use predator chalk, super messy. Yeah it may not be as pretty, but, winning clean and mean is winning!!! Not to mention you are helping other players by keeping the table clean!!! .... :)

Trent from Toledo

weakfingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chalking with the bridge hand is the way to go. Using your back hand requires you to switch your hands back around. I also like to chalk while I sight my next shot, using my bridge hand makes that easier.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I like to wear gloves on both hands.
Very clean.
It hasn't caught on with other players yet.
Companies could sell way more gloves! Like twice as many.
:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being cool is the only thing that matters in the pool world

Maybe if pool had more style, like snooker players, we could reach larger audience.

Too many sloppy players, playing in flip flap, oversized clothes, chalking with no style, leaving their chalk on the table.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe if pool had more style, like snooker players, we could reach larger audience.

Too many sloppy players, playing in flip flap, oversized clothes, chalking with no style, leaving their chalk on the table.

Maybe you should be on a snooker forum instead of a pool forum if you find it so distasteful. I get it. Do you just like to wallow around in the dirt?

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Chalking with your bridge hand gets the table and YOUR CUE super dirty with chalk. I had to retrain myself to use the other hand and I use predator chalk, super messy. Yeah it may not be as pretty, but, winning clean and mean is winning!!! Not to mention you are helping other players by keeping the table clean!!! .... :)

Trent from Toledo

Nice... you are the first one in this thread that knows why not to chalk with your bridge hand............

Kim

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member

That Shane guy. He leaves his chalk on the table all the time.
How dare he?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The chalk that gets on my hands from actually chalking, is in between fingers. And that part of my hand doesnt touch the cloth, no matter how I bridge.

The rest of the chalk on my hands at the end of a session, is of course from the table.

The cloth collects chalk with every hit of a chalked tip against the cb. It collects chalk when people chalk over the table. etc

Im having trouble seeing how there could be any measurable transfer of chalk from hand to cloth. :confused:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm originally from New Jersey. Being cool is one thing but being elegant would get your ass kicked. Hey, just sayin'