366 on video by JS

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Maybe practice does make perfect. John has been playing straight pool at my house for about 10 hours a day for 3 straight days. His runs over a 100 are as follows.

109, 112, 112, 113, 116, 125, 133, 148, 155, 156, 182, 199, 208, 232, and a magical 366. All have been captured on video.

We just finished the voice over on his 294 ball run on a Diamond. That video will be available shortly. We will be doing a voice over on the 366 sometime in the near future.

I believe that both the 294 and the 366 are the two highest runs ever captured on film.

I am exhausted watching him run so many balls in the past few days. lol.

Maybe I can get my table back now.

-Bill

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
AWESOME...........Well let me be the 1st to place an order for an Autographed Copy of the discs. I cant hardly contain myself thinking about it !!!

Great Job !
Steve

berniep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe practice does make perfect. John has been playing straight pool at my house for about 10 hours a day for 3 straight days. His runs over a 100 are as follows.

109, 112, 112, 113, 116, 125, 133, 148, 155, 156, 182, 199, 208, 232, and a magical 366. All have been captured on video.

We just finished the voice over on his 294 ball run on a Diamond. That video will be available shortly. We will be doing a voice over on the 366 sometime in the near future.

I believe that both the 294 and the 366 are the two highest runs ever captured on film.

-Bill

Bill,

Just curious....were you keeping count for John?

If so, what was his reaction to approaching the 404 mark?

Thanks.

Bernie.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I can't believe John hasn't won the World 14.1 Championship yet. That's pretty awesome 12 centuries, 2 double centuries and triple century (english billiards speak) in 3 days is pretty cool.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh my God ! John is the best straight pool player alive without a doubt ! Man, put me on the list for that 300+ run dvd !!

congrats John ! :thumbup:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is crazy...I just ran 36 yesterday! I had no idea John and I had so much in common:D!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Mr. 400

And you told him that he wasn't going to break 200 this time!

I guess you know how to get him motivated.

Some of his big runs were in consecutive innings. What were they again?

I don't know how he has the energy or the will to, for example, put a big number up, miss, and then start all over immediately and do it again.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that´s because john is a one of a kind straight pool player in my opinion. it´s a matter of time until he gets the world title...and he deserves it more then some who have already won it. not that they are not good enough but i think not as good as he is. like Bustamante in 9-ball. he desrves to be world champion, too but did not win it yet.

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Words are useless at this point, in describing either John or the numbers he's putting up.

Congrats. And forget about the world 14.1 title. Yes, that would be nice, but John can become immortal by breaking Willie's record, and doing it on film. And I do believe he's going to.

- Steve

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Words are useless at this point, in describing either John or the numbers he's putting up.
- Steve

Sorry Steve... I could understand him running 365 ... 1 ball for each day of the year... I could live with that... I could accept that...

but 366?

That's just arrogant.

;)

rikdee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Steve said, words no longer accentuate. It truly is incomparable skill. This surely compares to the great American 19th century billiard masters as they ran thousands of points at the rail while literally inventing the techniques as they went along. Jonh's skill appears at this level.

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Bill,

Just curious....were you keeping count for John?

If so, what was his reaction to approaching the 404 mark?

Thanks.

Bernie.

When he was just about at 200 he said "forget about 200, I'm going to run 500." He stayed pretty relaxed throughout the run. At 364 he had to shoot a break shot from the kitchen and he said there is no way he could miss it, he was in dead stroke. However the pool gods took over and after the break he basically had no shot. Closing in on 400 seemed to have no effect on him.

The 366 came right after he ran 156. Shows you how strong Mosconi's run was; that would have only been 522.

-Bill

Last edited:

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member

-Bill

I will take one of each when they are available.

-dj

sausage

Banned
John can become immortal by breaking Willie's record, and doing it on film. And I do believe he's going to.
me too... the guy is a 14.1 juggernaut.

marop: good job getting all this on video. don't "delete" by mistake. :eek: first order of business; back everything up on a variety of media and keep the B/U files in separate locations. do you plan on taking that 366 run to a company who can market/distribute them internationally for volume sales? maybe it could be included in a Schmidt book on 14.1. i'd buy it.

anyway, let us know when the autographed vids are for sale.

john: stop riding your motersickle and hire sascha asap.... :wink:

DangerousDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

-Bill

Unreal. Bill, you have to keep John at your house for another month or two so we can see 500 on film! Outstanding play.