88 ball run

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Ran 85 and 88 this week. Posted the 88. I had to edit out the sound for a few seconds when I missed position on the key ball at the end of rack 3. The language was a little rough. lol.

Memphis Beat TV show is in the background for the first half, switched to music for the second half.

http://vimeo.com/14064670

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Great Runs

Bill:
I will watch tonight. Looking forward to it. Pretty hard to beat that type on consistent shooting. You are making it really hard on me...... LOL
Keep it up. Congrats on the great runs.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Nice Shooting bill !!

i just got home from work, and first thing i did is load your clip up !

you did a great job of controlling your emotions during that "Muted" period, most of us would have missed at that point.

in the end i just think your last few struggles just got the best of you, i think if you would of taken that water break to clear your head. You would of easily been good for another 100+ Balls.

i can honestly say that the stage is set for you to have another Triple Digit run real soon, and i for one will be standing in line to pat you on the back and say congrats !!!!!

Good Shooting !
-Steve

sausage

Banned
hey bill: is it possible for you to reduce the size of your vids dramatically for the bandwidth challenged? somewhere say around 25mb? if you have quicktime you can save it as an iphone movie and it compresses the crap out of it. the quality sux but i'll get the gist. i'll send you some three stooges for your effort! lol...

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
hey bill: is it possible for you to reduce the size of your vids dramatically for the bandwidth challenged? somewhere say around 25mb? if you have quicktime you can save it as an iphone movie and it compresses the crap out of it. the quality sux but i'll get the gist. i'll send you some three stooges for your effort! lol...

Sausage: I'll download it and reduce it to 25 mb for you. I'll upload it at vimeo and edit this post when it is done. http://vimeo.com/14076682

p.s. Bill: I can't believe you missed that last shot.

I could've made it with my Johnson. ;)

Last edited:

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is just more of the same from Bill. I gotta believe you are the man to beat.
steven

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
p.s. Bill: I can't believe you missed that last shot.

I could've made it with my Johnson. ;)

Yeah I know. Missing that breakshot was uncalled for. Next time I'll go to the bullpen and bring in that famous right hander from Chicago (if he dosen't have a Sam Adams in his hand at the time.)

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Nice Shooting bill !!

i just got home from work, and first thing i did is load your clip up !

you did a great job of controlling your emotions during that "Muted" period, most of us would have missed at that point.

in the end i just think your last few struggles just got the best of you, i think if you would of taken that water break to clear your head. You would of easily been good for another 100+ Balls.

i can honestly say that the stage is set for you to have another Triple Digit run real soon, and i for one will be standing in line to pat you on the back and say congrats !!!!!

Good Shooting !
-Steve

Thanks Steve, but don't don't count on another triple digit run soon. The 85 and this 88 both ended because I choked. I should have never missed that breakshot at that point in the run and on the 85 I missed a fairly easy shot with an open table.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Thanks Steve, but don't don't count on another triple digit run soon. The 85 and this 88 both ended because I choked. I should have never missed that breakshot at that point in the run and on the 85 I missed a fairly easy shot with an open table.

i still say you should of taken that breather break after the frustrating layouts.... i think you were a sure win for that shot !!!

-Steve

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i still say you should of taken that breather break after the frustrating layouts.... i think you were a sure win for that shot !!!

-Steve

That could work, during my all time high run i was interupted 3 times and had to walk away from the table to deal with things. hmmm.

sausage

Banned
bill: excellent shooting and shot patterns. i was scuffing my tip in anticipation of my turn but you kept getting back in-line! :grin-square:

on that missed b-ball, i noticed that you hit the cue slightly on the left side 'squirting' it thick on the b-ball. look at it in stop frame and you'll see what i mean..... at 24:53 i thought for sure you would have drawn off that 10-ball to get the rail-ball. you might have been going for that and just didn't hit the c-ball low enough. even so, you got out of trouble and back in-line for another rack. and i thought i was the only one on the planet who got angry after a missed b-ball.✌ ☯

dennis: thanks so much for the video resizing! it really didn't lose much video quality at all. the sound suffered mostly but that's fine with me.

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
That could work, during my all time high run i was interupted 3 times and had to walk away from the table to deal with things. hmmm.

Hey,

I am a firm believer in the water breather !

Step back take a sip of water exhail, wipe your hands and cue forget all the previous shots.... And then continue!!!!! I feel it's a good way to add a few balls to a run.

-Steve

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
bill: excellent shooting and shot patterns. i was scuffing my tip in anticipation of my turn but you kept getting back in-line! :grin-square:

You should play the MF. he's constantly saying "I got nothing... I'm through... It's over for me!"

I start leaning forward in my chair in anticipation and voila, he does it again. and I have to sit back down.

At Derby, I finally learned. When he said, "I got nothing" I said Yeah, right, Let me know when you are through.

p.s. Listen closely at the very end after Bill misses and see if you can hear what he says. :rolleyes:

sausage

Banned
You should play the MF. he's constantly saying "I got nothing... I'm through... It's over for me!"

I start leaning forward in my chair in anticipation and voila, he does it again. and I have to sit back down.

At Derby, I finally learned. When he said, "I got nothing" I said Yeah, right, Let me know when you are through.

p.s. Listen closely at the very end after Bill misses and see if you can hear what he says. :rolleyes:

i can't make it out but the background music sounds like it's singing, "i am du-u-umb.." lol...

Now you wont have to listen to "to sir with love"
that was brutal. lol... i may have to edit that video and splice in some pantera during that segment.

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
that was brutal. lol... i may have to edit that video and splice in some pantera during that segment.

When Schmidty gets back from his road trip I'll have him chime in on the benefits of listing to Lulu while playing straight pool. "To Sir With Love" and all the others. On the 366 its and hour and 50 minutes of that music, enjoy. lol...

Last edited: