newspaper article about me

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jesse i hope for u and ur family u cash in on ur remarkable pool skills some day i told u before u are the best in the world at what u do i been around pool halls for over 35years and seen a lot of one hand action in the baltimore area a guy by the name geese was the best one handed jacked up player on the east coast u would destroy him no disrespect to mr geese thats just the way it is btw he passed several years ago rip geese u were a great player in ur time

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I've only started posting and doing videos 1 month ago. If you were talking about pointers for one handed....The best advice I can give is to lock your elbow and swing the cue using just your shoulder, it's much more accurate that way. Hold the cue slightly behind the balance point so it hangs forward and extend that grip point farther back the harder you need to hit the ball. It works best for me to hold the tip above and behind the cueball then swing it forward and drop it into the cueball using just your wrist and shoulder. It's similar to a Mike Davis stroke, if you've ever seen him play. lol

One of the best one-handed players on the planet passed away several years ago. His name was Geese. Anybody that saw Geese play one-handed is aware of his capabilities. That man could draw his rock the length of the table without having the cue rest on the rail. It was a good gaffe for Geese and won him lots of money here and there when he couldn't get a game. :thumbup:

Geese was a heavyset kind of guy, a proud Italian who loved his spaghetti and meatballs. :eek:

The thing that I remember the most about his one-handed game was that he always had the other hand behind his back, as if it was for balance, but I'm not sure. Do you put your other hand behind your back, or is this just a style thingie?

RIP, Geese. You are gone but not forgotten. That's a great picture of Geese (Michael Gerace) on the bottom left. I heard Ronnie Allen was a great one-handed player, but I don't think he would have beaten Geese. :wink:

Attachments

• New Orleans 001.jpg
    New Orleans 001.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

hivoltg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Jessie! Your one handed play is outstanging to say the least. Keep the videos coming, we all enjoy them a ton

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Positive pub, well written article, good for pool, good for you. Best of luck to you, I've enjoyed watching your videos :thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
My Heavens!!!

I can play a little at one hand and have won some serious cash.
But i was in awe of Ronnie Allen in his prime,he could beat some decent
players,one handed against their two.

I'm equally in awe of you,sir,if not more so.
Hope some good things happen in your pool future.

On the other hand...oh..uh....guess i can't go there

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the best one-handed players on the planet passed away several years ago. His name was Geese. Anybody that saw Geese play one-handed is aware of his capabilities. That man could draw his rock the length of the table without having the cue rest on the rail. It was a good gaffe for Geese and won him lots of money here and there when he couldn't get a game. :thumbup:

Geese was a heavyset kind of guy, a proud Italian who loved his spaghetti and meatballs. :eek:

The thing that I remember the most about his one-handed game was that he always had the other hand behind his back, as if it was for balance, but I'm not sure. Do you put your other hand behind your back, or is this just a style thingie?

RIP, Geese. You are gone but not forgotten. That's a great picture of Geese (Michael Gerace) on the bottom left. I heard Ronnie Allen was a great one-handed player, but I don't think he would have beaten Geese. :wink:

I would have loved to see him play. I got to play Ronnie Allen one pocket one handed 10 years ago in vegas at Pool Sharks, it was a dream come true. Do you know why they called him geese? I put my hand behind my back because otherwise its just kind of flopping out to the side, I think its just what's most comfortable when you play one handed probably.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have loved to see him play. I got to play Ronnie Allen one pocket one handed 10 years ago in vegas at Pool Sharks, it was a dream come true. Do you know why they called him geese? I put my hand behind my back because otherwise its just kind of flopping out to the side, I think its just what's most comfortable when you play one handed probably.

I kind of figured the hand behind the back must be for balance. Thanks for the kind reply! :)

Geese's real name was Mike Gerace. When he was a teenager, they had a pool tournament at his neighborhood pool room, the Golden Cue in Bladensburg, MD. They wrote all the tournament players' names on a chart. The person who wrote Geese's last name incorrectly wrote "G-e-a-c-e" instead of "G-e-r-a-c-e." When the TD called out Geese's name to play when it was his turn, he said, "Geace, you're up," meaning "Gerace." Anyway, thereafter Michael Gerace became known as "Geese." :grin-square: