What's going on with cdx shafts

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:tongue:

After I watched it I figured it was a joke.

I'd like to do the same thing with Meucci.

:shocked:

ehn9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cdx

no joke sadly guy who makes the shaft turned on his investors and destroyed the business after the super billiards expo was given many chances to reconcile and could not be reached

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
no joke sadly guy who makes the shaft turned on his investors and destroyed the business after the super billiards expo was given many chances to reconcile and could not be reached

The collapse had to be at least a few weeks after the SBE, because Kings of Billiards (Chad Bowling) was promoting those shafts during the stream of the Appleton/Strickland 4-pocket 10-Ball Challenge in May.

Too bad. Wasn't Dechaine playing with one of those for a while?

[I see he is back to regular, non-LD maple shafts now.]

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I have no idea what went on with the business side,but this is my exp with those shafts as a product.

I've never seen a decent Meucci,Perry,Players or whatever come apart in the way my buddie's did.

He got this shaft in a trade so it was the spare shaft for a quick-release McD with the 3/8-16 thread.

The brass insert was PRESSED in :scratchhead: with maybe a little epoxy somewhere but the outside of the insert had a couple grooves cut into it with a raised burr that ideally would have bitten into the wood maybe .002 deep at best.

However he only got to hit 3 balls before he knew something wasn't right with it.

I tried unscrewing it a couple times before it showed itself but on the 3rd try the insert came completely out of the wood with a pop like a ground dowel pin in a perfect fitting hole sounds.

It became a joke of a product instantly. I've only made 5 shafts and know that will NOT work.

I was able to make the thing 100% playable and much nicer looking,but only after major surgery that a 189.00 retail shaft should NEVER need. Tommy D.

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess production and quality could not keep up with the hype. Often happens to small businesses