"Danny D" The Stroke Behind The Voice

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey guys,

just watched some older footage of the 89 US Open 14.1, With Danny D vs Nick Varner. I havent watched the whole match yet, but i had to share this much so far.....

I Watched Danny D run a 95 from the opening shot, funny how everything that you hear him say now in his commentary is very promenant from his style of play.

it was almost predictable watching him shoot, having gained some of his knowledge by watching more recent footage with him doing commentary.

It was real entertaining to hear him talking to himself when he was shooting too, dont wanna give too much of a Spoiler away !

If you are looking to watch some good older footage, i highly recomend giving this a watch.

I would like to see some more older footage of Danny D playing 14.1, anyone have any suggestions ????

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Hey guys,

just watched some older footage of the 89 US Open 14.1, With Danny D vs Nick Varner. I havent watched the whole match yet, but i had to share this much so far.....

I Watched Danny D run a 95 from the opening shot, funny how everything that you hear him say now in his commentary is very promenant from his style of play.

it was almost predictable watching him shoot, having gained some of his knowledge by watching more recent footage with him doing commentary.

It was real entertaining to hear him talking to himself when he was shooting too, dont wanna give too much of a Spoiler away !

If you are looking to watch some good older footage, i highly recomend giving this a watch.

I would like to see some more older footage of Danny D playing 14.1, anyone have any suggestions ????

It seemed to me when I first watched it that his run was going to end again and again but he kept chipping a ball out here and a ball out there and pretty soon he was breaking again. I've felt the same way playing George Fels sometimes. You feel like he doesn't have much to work with and you will be back at the table soon but he keeps on going.

I've never seen any other footage of Danny playing 14.1 nor have I heard of it.

The only other footage is when he is doing "lessons" with me and my peeps and when you miss, he starts shooting and telling you what he is doing.

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the early years Pat FLeming used to just run an overhead camera. He used it to get the accu=stats logged. Thats how the Accu-stats Videos came about. I was lucky to get some of the early stuff. In my collection somewhere is Danny D playing Jack Colavito. Danny runs in his 60s and a ball skids on him. All through out Danny is talking to himself with no commentary. A Classic for sure.

morthnrdy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny D.

hey guys,

just watched some older footage of the 89 us open 14.1, with danny d vs nick varner. I havent watched the whole match yet, but i had to share this much so far.....

I watched danny d run a 95 from the opening shot, funny how everything that you hear him say now in his commentary is very promenant from his style of play.

It was almost predictable watching him shoot, having gained some of his knowledge by watching more recent footage with him doing commentary.

It was real entertaining to hear him talking to himself when he was shooting too, dont wanna give too much of a spoiler away !

i would like to see some more older footage of danny d playing 14.1, anyone have any suggestions ????

the sweet thing is, he still has game, currently in buffalo, ny i am fortunate to have sessions with both he and dennis hatch who by the way is blindsiding team europe and much of the world who hasn't noticed him flying under the radar...he brought his game and is doing his part in completing the so called underdogs v.s. "the dreamteam". Team usa is exemplifying what team play is all about, not individual...and dannt d. Still uses his catch phrases, "it ai't no bargain", i love it.

Jc