Which do you prefer...cue...table?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had to decide now, one or the other, for the rest of your life:

1) Crummy cue- Think $10 Budweiser cue with a ramin wood shaft and screw on tip, rattle in the butt, and you can't tweak or upgrade anything on it, just replace the tip as needed.

You can play anywhere you like, including on your own table which can be the best, but you have to use that cue.

2) Crummy table- Think particle board, not slate, nappy cloth, rattles in the rails, dead places in the cushions.

You can have the best cue of your choosing, play with it anywhere you like, including at home on your crappy table, but you have to have that table at home and you cannot tweak or upgrade it, just maintain it as-is.

Which would it be? You can only choose one of the two options.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Crummy table all day. ^^^^^^^^ you must be crazy, ever hit with a crappy ramin cue?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Table

The crummy new 10 dollar mizerak cue from academy flexes over where you hit other than dead center

Completely useless even for guests

Too bad such a great person/player has his name tied to such garbage merchandise

Corwyn_8

Energy Curmudgeon
Silver Member
My opponents need to play on the same table as I do. If I were trying to maximize winning, I would pick the good cue. And I would know that table pretty well.

Thank you kindly.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hands down - no doubt - no regrets - I chose the crappy table with a fabulous cue. The table will be easy (and inexpensive) to maintain and keep in tip-top crappy condition, but a beautiful game can still be played with a well-chosen cue.

Rack em'!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crappy table, good cue. I can always go play elsewhere on a good table, which is what I do now since I don't have room for a table anyway. It's not so bad. Go down to my local pool hall with my good cue and get to play on a nice Diamond table and I get the best of everything. With the good table I'm stuck with a crappy cue no matter where I play, I'm never going to experience the best way to play pool and that is a non starter for me.

The more I think about it the more I can't imagine ever wanting to choose the other and spend life hitting with a crap cue. The fact that you're not stuck playing on that table forever makes all the difference.

Now, if you said that was the only table you could ever play on that would b a different story! Then I'd want the good table. But as long as I can drive 15 minutes to a great table lik I do now, I'll take a nice cue!

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe its just me, but I have played on some seriously crappy tables, even some tables stored outside........:angry:

I have played with some crappy cues too, I will take the crappy cue

[nothing worse than balls that roll all over the place due to a totally un-level table and crappy "felt" from the sewing store, and rails that are loose] :eek:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Maybe its just me, but I have played on some seriously crappy tables, even some tables stored outside........:angry:

I have played with some crappy cues too, I will take the crappy cue

[nothing worse than balls that roll all over the place due to a totally un-level table and crappy "felt" from the sewing store, and rails that are loose] :eek:

then you probably havent played with a noodle for a shaft, it literally doesnt allow you to play, atleast on a crappy table with a good cue you have a better shot

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you had to decide now, one or the other, for the rest of your life:

1) Crummy cue- Think $10 Budweiser cue with a ramin wood shaft and screw on tip, rattle in the butt, and you can't tweak or upgrade anything on it, just replace the tip as needed.

You can play anywhere you like, including on your own table which can be the best, but you have to use that cue.

2) Crummy table- Think particle board, not slate, nappy cloth, rattles in the rails, dead places in the cushions.

You can have the best cue of your choosing, play with it anywhere you like, including at home on your crappy table, but you have to have that table at home and you cannot tweak or upgrade it, just maintain it as-is.

Which would it be? You can only choose one of the two options.

Ok I think I have this figured out. I'll take the cue and the crappy table.

I already have a table...I would keep it a secrete:grin:

Banks

Banned
As long as the cue isn't actually busted, ill take the good table all day long. Used one before.. not a problem. Still have the tips, too.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I made that decision many years ago. I have the best table and dozens and dozens of crappy cues:eek:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
In the same spirit, I do find it humorous when people have a brand new camaero parked outside of their trailer.