DD Vs. DO Roy's Basement PI rotation (61)

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great exhibition with my favorite game. The fine gradations of angle trimming can't be done that effortlessly without an LD shaft. There are just too many variables with regular maple. Its clear as day. Dennis has such great consistency.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great exhibition with my favorite game. The fine gradations of angle trimming can't be done that effortlessly without an LD shaft. There are just too many variables with regular maple. Its clear as day. Dennis has such great consistency.

And just how do you know what shafts he's playing with he changes them more than a woman changes thier makeup

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what shaft is he using?

I have no idea, but I know its LD. Its very clear he doesn't have to "account" for as much in his stroke with an LD shaft as opposed to his SouthWest maple. The commentator (Roy?) gave a lengthy explanation AFTER I posted. The validation was nice.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are you talking about dodong or dennis? cuz dennis played with a tiger LD for years before going with meucci and their LD.. presumably he hasn't switched to a high deflection shaft from there

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
are you talking about dodong or dennis? cuz dennis played with a tiger LD for years before going with meucci and their LD.. presumably he hasn't switched to a high deflection shaft from there

I believe DD. He tried a South West shaft and at first loved it, and switched. But it was noticed that over a longer set vs Kevin Chang his automatic adjustments weren't holding up and is in the process of adjusting back. But both of them do things with their LD shaft with the fluidity and ease that you can't do with a regular Maple shaft.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Tiger shafts are not really LD.
They are not lightweight at the front.
In fact , their ferrule is among the heaviest.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiger shafts are not really LD.
They are not lightweight at the front.
In fact , their ferrule is among the heaviest.
Don't they use a larger tenon and thinner ferrule? A little lighter in front but not as much as most LD stuff i agree.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it has a heavy ferrule and not hollowed at the end, it is not LD unless it's really skinny at the front.

Test it against Predator or OB.

My game is in a good place, I don't want to F with it, I'll just trust Tiger and the little "LD" printed on the wood.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Don't they use a larger tenon and thinner ferrule? A little lighter in front but not as much as most LD stuff i agree.

No, they are with threaded stem and really thick cap.
That goes against the LD convention.

There was a test conducted by Platinum Billiards years ago. No longer available but it showed Tiger shafts were high squirt.

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, they are with threaded stem and really thick cap.
That goes against the LD convention.

There was a test conducted by Platinum Billiards years ago. No longer available but it showed Tiger shafts were high squirt.

I knew, but I had to look. It shows they tested the Tiger X-shaft. I have the Ultra-X. And it shows the TIger-X to be in the middle of the pack in the medium squirt category, then they have Medium high THEN high.

Last edited: