Wanted - JPs with Indian Head Pennys

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I wanted a set of joint protectors with Indian Head pennies for my very nice Chris Nitti Cue.

Jim Baxter on AZ hooked me up. :D

I sent him photos of my cue. Jim helped choose the materials that would compliment the cue. It just took a few days to get my set. The Birdseye maple really comes close to matching my cue's forearm. The pennies really shine (sorry for my poor photographer skills) - which is exactly what I wanted. The joint protectors are extreme light and the threads on the protectors for the shafts appear to be a light weight material that will not wear out the shafts.

Photos are on attached link.

www.flickr.com/photos/9087370@N06/

Thanks Jim.

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
jim, those are great. i have had four sets made by jim and they all came out stunning. by far jim baxter has the best joint protectors for the money.

guy

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
wow those are great!!!!

the coin thing is cool, imagine using gold coins(if they matched the cue) wow. I'm getting some coin JP's soon.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
your right.. gold coins would be stunning... only problem is to find gold coins small enough, the size of pennies or dimes..

chris

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.9%
688   1   0
Thanks everyone. I have had some very good input from my buyers. Without the input they wouldn't match so well. Thanks Jim

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Well..

Jim Baxter said:
Thanks everyone. I have had some very good input from my buyers. Without the input they wouldn't match so well. Thanks Jim

The advantage for me is "Heads" is shaft 1 and "Tails" show shaft 2.

I hate pulling shafts out and looking at tips to determine which is which.

That is the advantage of these protectors ..... IMO.

Nice Job Jim,

Ken

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Gold Coins In JP's

ChrisOnline said:
your right.. gold coins would be stunning... only problem is to find gold coins small enough, the size of pennies or dimes..

chris

Quickly looking online, it looks like the American Eagle $5.00 Gold Coin (1/10 oz.) is 16 mm. The American Eagle $10.00 Gold Coin (1/4 oz.) is 22 mm. Standard Liberty or Buffalo nickles are 21 mm. Considering the current market price of gold, that would be one expensive set of JP's, especially if you have an extra shaft or two, but it could be done.

Fatboy, let me know when you're ready.........

Last edited:

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.9%
688   1   0
Nickles are two big . I did nickels 1st about 4 yrs. ago . I even made a die to reshape them into a dome and reduse the diameter . To get them down in size they still had to be turned down . I one person looking into some Japeneese coins. I have Mother of peart and Mailkite and tourquise , lots of different ways to go. Pennys and Dimes work the best so far , I have been doing them for about 3 yrs now.. Thanks Jim

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
JPs

Ken_4fun said:
The advantage for me is "Heads" is shaft 1 and "Tails" show shaft 2.

I hate pulling shafts out and looking at tips to determine which is which.

That is the advantage of these protectors ..... IMO.

Nice Job Jim,

Ken

You are correct. I now have one shaft marked that I have never used since I got this cue. Having the heads and tails on the shaft protectors is a plus. Not sure what to do if more than two (2) shafts. Perhaps use sequential dates on some of them.