my OB tip broke iff

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My current player is an OB-134. Two simple reasons (1) Reviews (2) Customer Service.

I have seen OB (Shane) come on here and back there product a number of times. Well done guys, your actions gives your current and future customers some satisfaction in choosing OB.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
madhatter44,

Sorry to see that this happened to your shaft. Please go to the warranty section of our website and follow the instructions on that page to send it back to us and we will get you taken care of: https://www.obcues.com/pages/Warranty.html

Apologies once again. Let me know if you have any questions.

I had a problem with an OB shaft last December. Mr Sinnott got involved and resolved the matter that went beyond the established long standing policies of OB. This is a stand up guy representing an organization that wants to do right for their customers. I'm sure your issue will be resolved to your satisfaction.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They didn't glue the tip properly. Only the middle of tip and the outermost edge were glued. That ferule never stood a chance. Basically most of the impact force went straight to the ferule. Having nowhere else to go the unglued portion of the tip expanded outward exerting tremendous sideways force to a material that was designed to absorb direct downward force. Had the tip been glued evenly and fully along its entire surface I don't suppose this would have happened. I way be wrong, though, I don't have any experience working with this material. If you bought it new and know it is the tip that OB put on it, i would definitely contact them.

You have made an incorrect assumption here. You can't see the tip surface at all. What you are seeing is the underside of the carbon fiber pad. It is a Samsara break tip, which when burnished can look indistinguishable from the carbon fiber. The ferrule has a hole all the way through the center filled with foam. The carbon fiber only glues to a relatively thin ring of wood. You can see the foam bits that ripped of in the middle of the underside of the carbon fiber. This design allows for low deflection, but perhaps isn't the very strongest. I've seen lots of OB break cues sustain amazing monster breaks with no problems. Things break sometimes. Like everyone said, I'm sure Shane at OB will make it right.

KMRUNOUT

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Look at that....that's some great customer service. If my phone broke I highly doubt the President of Samsung would try to help solve my problems.

Do you think GE gave a .... about our $2800 refridge that crapped out after 2 years. Took a few months with some hollering & screaming to get recourse. Good customer service is what keeps us upcoming back for more. I have a few OB shafts. It's great to know that OB is a first class company that cares about it customers. Please share your good customer service experiences with OB. It's the real time positive reviews that new buyers can bank on (pun pun)and it's the real time positive reviews that keep the companies like OB maintaining that high standard. They appreciate the feedback.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to let everyone know that OB has replaced my shaft with a new one.
A big hats off to OB"s stellar customer service, and to Shane at OB for his personal and expeditious assistance.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have made an incorrect assumption here. You can't see the tip surface at all. What you are seeing is the underside of the carbon fiber pad. It is a Samsara break tip, which when burnished can look indistinguishable from the carbon fiber. The ferrule has a hole all the way through the center filled with foam. The carbon fiber only glues to a relatively thin ring of wood. You can see the foam bits that ripped of in the middle of the underside of the carbon fiber. This design allows for low deflection, but perhaps isn't the very strongest. I've seen lots of OB break cues sustain amazing monster breaks with no problems. Things break sometimes. Like everyone said, I'm sure Shane at OB will make it right.

KMRUNOUT

My assumption was not incorrect. I thought it looked like there was a pad but it is quite indistinguishable to someone who doesn't know ob used a pad standard. What I said is still completely true. The only thing that pad was really glued to was the ferule,a rather weak ferule at that. There is plenty more wood to glue it to. Although I think it is a design flaw. It probably was not glued to that wood because wood moves. The tip of a cue is no place for a floating joint, especially a break cue.

Last edited:

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am glad to hear this was made right by OB. Although it was their fault, you see alot of companies eschewing blame in cases like these.i would be interested to hear from OB on what the case is here. Why do they glue their pads on this way, or was it improperly glued? I have seen several ob shafts fail in this manner.