Found a lathe

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
So I ran across a CL special (that probably wasn't that special, $400) that was in my budget. Mid American lathe with a 4 foot bed. Lots of tips, paper, glue, practice shafts, etc. Also came with heavily used Willard tip shaper and Hightowers book and CD on cue building. I don't have any aspirations of building cues. Just tips and ferrules. I would appreciate any guidance from the forum on anything else I should watch/read. It might just be like playing. Hours and hours of practice but I look forward getting started.

TC Mabe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Search Bob Dzuricky on YouTube ... not your equipment set up ... however you will learn volumes of information from watching anything he does. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Great Score! What you are going to need most is spare time and money. Cue repair leads to a desire to build. Cue building is an expensive addiction.

Larry

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Dz

Search Bob Dzuricky on YouTube ... not your equipment set up ... however you will learn volumes of information from watching anything he does. Good luck

Love his videos. Spoke to him about a sneaky a while back. Will definitely be checking YouTube for how to videos.

Chris Abaya Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Hightower book you have is a great source of information. That is how I started learning to build cues. Bob Dzuricky videos are awesome too - very professional. There are many more youtube videos you can find on replacing tips and ferrules. I remember seeing a Tiger products video on replacing a tip which is a very good video. Bob's video on ferrules are excellent.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So I ran across a CL special (that probably wasn't that special, $400) that was in my budget. Mid American lathe with a 4 foot bed. Lots of tips, paper, glue, practice shafts, etc. Also came with heavily used Willard tip shaper and Hightowers book and CD on cue building. I don't have any aspirations of building cues. Just tips and ferrules. I would appreciate any guidance from the forum on anything else I should watch/read. It might just be like playing. Hours and hours of practice but I look forward getting started.

The first thirty minutes of that CD will get you on the right track for tips and ferrules.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I didn't read if you got a Tennon threader but its like a must have.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Search

Learn how to use the search feature on this site. Everything you need to know has been discussed many times; :) that along with you-tube videos should keep you busy.

Mario

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Tennon Threader

I didn't read if you got a Tennon threader but its like a must have.

I am embarrassed to say, I don't know. I will be ordering some of your tips though. Had a buddy put one on another cue and really like it.

cuesdefuentes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw that lathe a few days ago. Was hoping it would last until payday. You got a good deal, congrats.