"Sunrise": My new Tascarella

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I named it. I like it that much. I chose sunrise because it has sort of flame inspired veneers, but the veneers are much lighter and seem to mimic a sunrise, especially with the use of the salmon veneer instead of a more traditional orange.

Veneers Are Black Salmon Yellow and White.

Lovely maple boxes in the butt, with very sharp dumbbell MOP and yellow inlays.

Point wood is Thuya Burl. Maple has elements of both curly and birdseye.

One of the prettiest cues I have ever seen. As with most curs, prettier by a good amount than the pics. thee pics make the Thuya burl look a little duller than it is and the wrap a little redder, but they are pretty accurate.

Cue is exceedingly well balanced. Hits better than any Tascarella I have played with. Just pure. Soft, medium stiff hit with crisp feedback and the ivory ferrule sound. Very smooth, almost like playing with air. Imagine a cue opposite in every way to the hit and feel of a Southwest, but not whippy. Hits very very much like my Judd which was stolen. Does not hit like a SS jointed cue at all.

Spectacular, and a truly special Tascarella. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Full1_tasc.JPG
    Full1_tasc.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Butt_Tasc.JPG
    Butt_Tasc.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 1,039
  • joint_tasc.JPG
    joint_tasc.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 1,036
  • Wrap_Tasc.JPG
    Wrap_Tasc.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 1,048
  • full2, tasc.JPG
    full2, tasc.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 1,043

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hard not to love that beauty. :)

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is one sweet butt you have there!!! Play with it in the greatest of health. Thanks for sharing.

-don

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From my minimalist perspective, pool cues don't get much better looking than this. It is great to see someone getting this big of a charge from acquiring a new cue. Best of luck with it.

Congratulations.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From my minimalist perspective, pool cues don't get much better looking than this. It is great to see someone getting this big of a charge from acquiring a new cue. Best of luck with it.

Congratulations.

Thank you. I get more and more excited to own Sunrise every day. Tonight was the 4th time I played a session with it and each time I have liked it more. It was a Top 2 or 3 cue design for me long before I owned it. It was for sale on Bill Listers site and I would go look at it several times a week. I made it my wallpaper. From a design standpoint I think it is close to perfect.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. I get more and more excited to own Sunrise every day. Tonight was the 4th time I played a session with it and each time I have liked it more. It was a Top 2 or 3 cue design for me long before I owned it. It was for sale on Bill Listers site and I would go look at it several times a week. I made it my wallpaper. From a design standpoint I think it is close to perfect.

You and I did the same thing. Congrats on pulling the trigger!
Gorgeous and classy Tasc.
Awesome to know it plays as good as it looks!

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple months in, honeymoon period not even close to over. Such a wonderful cue.

On one hand it's great because I do not need to look for another cue, on the other hand it's not so great because well, I do not need to look for another cue.

Time to become a "collector" :)