snooker 5x10 converison

winners07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok i have a friend who has a 5x10 snooker gold crown 1 that i can pick up for free, not interested in snooker so i was thinking about making it a 5x10 pool table, so has anyone tried this yet, i have some pocket irons for a gold crown 3 pool table so i could use those, and i know i would have to cut the slate opening larger but im not sure about the rails, any ideas, thanks

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok i have a friend who has a 5x10 snooker gold crown 1 that i can pick up for free, not interested in snooker so i was thinking about making it a 5x10 pool table, so has anyone tried this yet, i have some pocket irons for a gold crown 3 pool table so i could use those, and i know i would have to cut the slate opening larger but im not sure about the rails, any ideas, thanks

Search "Gold Crown 5x10"

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?361660&p=4708772#post4708772

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?244144&p=3184128#post3184128

Last edited:

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Any table mechanic who can calibrate rails will be able to do it for you.

I don't think you need to cut the slate, the shelf will just be a little deeper.

I think GC snooker irons are the same as the pool table irons.

Lastly, I don't know much of anything, so talk to some of the guys here that do tables & rail work. I only work on my own tables.

Good luck.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

I dont think a Gold Crown has "pocket irons", just the polished casting that bolts the rails together and form the pocket. I believe the pocket castings are the same between a GC snooker and pool table so you just need to get the rails reconfigured for current cushions and proper pocket openings and facings.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey there. Where are you located and how much do you want for that table???

Seriously, that's a rare, beautiful bird, and it would be a shame to hack it up into a pool table. I imagine it's worth more than a pool GCI, and it might be best to sell it and get a GCI for pool, or even trade it.

I have a GCI and would be interested in trading it for a GCI snooker table.

I looked in the GCI parts manual, and many, many of the parts for the snooker table have different part numbers than the pool table, including the rails, of course, the pocket castings, the rail edge molding, etc., etc. I have no reason to believe the rails are the same as the pool table except for the rubber, I guess they are different to the core.

Take a look at the parts book, Trent has posted it online here.