Shot Pictures and Aiming Systems

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess it is time to reveal the reason why Laubach will not be using CTE anytime soon, or anytime at all. This is for the CTE experts and the moderators. Please understand this is not a knock on CTE. It is an attempt to help Laubach in his journey.

It is for the same reason that Neils Feijen will never use CTE. They are both blind in one eye. Frankly, I'm surprised nobody picked up on this. Watch this video and tell me a guy with vision in one eye (that is, no "3D vision" and marginal depth perception) is going to be able to make use of CTE aiming. CTE can only be understood in 3 dimensions and never in a diagram in a book. It is the perception of the balls in 3D that makes the system work. If you can't see in 3D then how are you going to do it?

This could be an interesting topic for discussion, but maybe CTE is just too hot to handle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl42c7ZYt4Y

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see it!

The bridge must be in a different location for each of the two cut shots to achieve the stick being aimed at the left quarter of the OB on the first shot after effecting the 1/2 tip pivot and just off center in the second thicker cut - all the other things being equal. .

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess it is time to reveal the reason why Laubach will not be using CTE anytime soon, or anytime at all. This is for the CTE experts and the moderators. Please understand this is not a knock on CTE. It is an attempt to help Laubach in his journey.

It is for the same reason that Neils Feijen will never use CTE. They are both blind in one eye. Frankly, I'm surprised nobody picked up on this. Watch this video and tell me a guy with vision in one eye (that is, no "3D vision" and marginal depth perception) is going to be able to make use of CTE aiming. CTE can only be understood in 3 dimensions and never in a diagram in a book. It is the perception of the balls in 3D that makes the system work. If you can't see in 3D then how are you going to do it?

This could be an interesting topic for discussion, but maybe CTE is just too hot to handle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl42c7ZYt4Y

Once again, you try to spread bad info about CTE.
Tell me again with specific insight why exactly Stan's book will be most filled with diagrams and pictures if they don't help explain CTE

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once again, you try to spread bad info about CTE.
Tell me again with specific insight why exactly Stan's book will be most filled with diagrams and pictures if they don't help explain CTE

It's really tiresome when you keep saying things like "you are spreading bad info" yet you NEVER offer any evidence or facts to back up your position. Kind of like how you NEVER offer any helpful advice to anybody.

That said, watch Stan's video again. He holds up a 2D drawing showing two shot angles and he states that you cannot diagram CTE in 2D. It doesn't work. Many have asked, then, how do you teach CTE in a book? I don't actually have a problem with the idea. You can use diagrams to make a point, but it will be clear that the actual "phenomena" will only reveal itself at the table in 3 dimensions.

Now, do you believe that a player with only one eye can use CTE?

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cataract in my non aiming left eye so I have to shift my head and good eye to the left to acquire the other shot picture - not parsimonious.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's really tiresome when you keep saying things like "you are spreading bad info" yet you NEVER offer any evidence or facts to back up your position. Kind of like how you NEVER offer any helpful advice to anybody.

That said, watch Stan's video again. He holds up a 2D drawing showing two shot angles and he states that you cannot diagram CTE in 2D. It doesn't work. Many have asked, then, how do you teach CTE in a book? I don't actually have a problem with the idea. You can use diagrams to make a point, but it will be clear that the actual "phenomena" will only reveal itself at the table in 3 dimensions.

Now, do you believe that a player with only one eye can use CTE?

Yes you can use one eye.
"Many have asked" where do you get this stuff, lmao.
You seem to be so concerned about CTE but have stated many times you don't believe in it or will use it. So why keep worrying about it?
You have no idea what kind of advice i offer people, just because you can't see it doesn't mean a thing.
Only reason you post about CTE is to spread false info.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This from a guy that pledged with all his heart to stay out of CTE threads.
HMMMM what does that make you DAN.

It is my thread and it has nothing to do with CTE. Laubach and I were having a nice discussion about his videos and someone blurted out that he should take up CTE. It was the same numbskull that says that Kaci is using CTE. Anyway, I was steering him away from a method that requires 3D visualization because, well, he doesn't have that. Just let it rest already. Oh, also CTE isn't for beginners, either, right? I can't keep up with the spin.

You can have the last word to spin anyway you wish. i don't want this thread to get deleted like the others so I' won't reply to your baiting.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
It is my thread and it has nothing to do with CTE. Laubach and I were having a nice discussion about his videos and someone blurted out that he should take up CTE. It was the same numbskull that says that Kaci is using CTE. Anyway, I was steering him away from a method that requires 3D visualization because, well, he doesn't have that. Just let it rest already. Oh, also CTE isn't for beginners, either, right? I can't keep up with the spin.

You can have the last word to spin anyway you wish. i don't want this thread to get deleted like the others so I' won't reply to your baiting.

All pros use CTE.
😂

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

AWWW someone blurted CTE and you went crazy, couldn't ignore it or let it slide.
I'm not the one baiting, it's you constantly bringing my name into things.

PS i took a look at Kaci and he does align from an offset at ball address, and that is a characteristic of CTE so he is more likely to be using that then any GB, CP, or Fractions.
I know this will be hard for you to handle, so just take a deep breath and go away.

PSS it's your thread, LOL. Once you put it on a public forum you invited all to participate, kinda like the one CTE thread that got deleted yesterday because of you.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PSS it's your thread, LOL. Once you put it on a public forum you invited all to participate, kinda like the one CTE thread that got deleted yesterday because of you.

i have no problem with threads taking a direction of their own, but I did not jump into a "CTE thread." It was my thread and it had nothing to do with CTE.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have no problem with threads taking a direction of their own, but I did not jump into a "CTE thread." It was my thread and it had nothing to do with CTE.

Oh so you didn't post in the CTE thread yesterday and get it deleted, ok.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I almost started a new thread but figured I would post here.

I have had the Digicue Blue for months and have been trying my hardest to figure out why in the world I was steering.

Turns out my head was in the wrong place so I was compensating to still make balls with a slightly incorrect shot picture.

Now I have the shot picture correct and do not steer anymore. My shotmaking has suffered on some shots because I am having trouble getting the correct picture with a straight stroke.

I hope this becomes easier. Sometimes I play great and drill everything and others I miss even simple shots.

I beat a 700+ 5-1 in a tournament a couple weeks ago. Big win for me.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I almost started a new thread but figured I would post here.

I have had the Digicue Blue for months and have been trying my hardest to figure out why in the world I was steering.

Turns out my head was in the wrong place so I was compensating to still make balls with a slightly incorrect shot picture.

Now I have the shot picture correct and do not steer anymore. My shotmaking has suffered on some shots because I am having trouble getting the correct picture with a straight stroke.

I hope this becomes easier. Sometimes I play great and drill everything and others I miss even simple shots.

I beat a 700+ 5-1 in a tournament a couple weeks ago. Big win for me.

Feels good when you figure something like that out, doesn't it? I don't have the digicue but I rely on slow motion and Coach's Eye for playback. I would suggest you get some slow motion video straight on so you can get a good look at what the cue is doing if you haven't already done so. As I'm sure you've become aware, you may be doing things you have no idea of, or you can get visual confirmation that you are, in fact, awesome. :smile:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feels good when you figure something like that out, doesn't it? I don't have the digicue but I rely on slow motion and Coach's Eye for playback. I would suggest you get some slow motion video straight on so you can get a good look at what the cue is doing if you haven't already done so. As I'm sure you've become aware, you may be doing things you have no idea of, or you can get visual confirmation that you are, in fact, awesome. :smile:

I have been plagued by inconsistency. Effortlessly running racks and then can't seem to do anything right.

Thank you for the input. I do need to get some video analysis to see what the correct position looks like from in front of me though. I have been taking baby steps simply trying to get my head in the right position and sending the cue ball down table and back to my tip. The hardest part is ingraining the feeling.

I am more conscious of it being wrong on some shots now so I get up and start over. I have always been of the opinion either I am on the right line or not so fire away and accept the results.

I have a couple big tournaments coming up. I just want to play up to the speed I know I am capable of. I am almost jealous of the people who have their head square and the cue centered between their eyes. It looks so easy.

I think good hand eye coordination has led me to play at a decent level doing some things poorly fundamental wise.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think good hand eye coordination has led me to play at a decent level doing some things poorly fundamental wise.

Yes but that will only get you so far. I always like to quote Michael Jordan who said that the difference between good (pro level) players and the great ones is the fundamentals.

Get that stroke on video!