Thorsten Hohmann Snooker 147 With Commentary

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice, I enjoy the effort and comnentary.

However, it’s like Manchester United commentating how they defeated a team of 14 year olds 25 to nil.

Very first shot,

Nope. .. cueball too far down table to pot that black at that angle into snooker size and shape pockets. Shot would be safety on to the red cluster...end of 147.

I can throw 3 pointers in basketball if I move up half the distance and double the size of the pockets.

147s by ranked snooker pros occur in less than 2600 games for a reason. The majority of ranked players have never made a 147 against another ranked player.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nice, I enjoy the effort and comnentary.

However, it’s like Manchester United commentating how they defeated a team of 14 year olds 25 to nil.

Very first shot,

Nope. .. cueball too far down table to pot that black at that angle into snooker size and shape pockets. Shot would be safety on to the red cluster...end of 147.

I can throw 3 pointers in basketball if I move up half the distance and double the size of the pockets.

147s by ranked snooker pros occur in less than 2600 games for a reason. The majority of ranked players have never made a 147 against another ranked player.

Yes, but in fairness to Thorsten, he went to great lengths to make it clear how much easier this was than snooker.

He noted that he plays some snooker at the New York Athletic Club (I've played there, too, and it's a tough 6 x 12 table) and that he'd only once run a century. He further mentioned how much respect he has for snooker pros, that he counts many of them as good friends, and that he got to know and was inspired by both Steve Davis and Jimmy White in his formative years.

All I see here is a former World 9-ball and World 14.1 Champion having some fun with a snooker-like exercise on a pool table, taking the trouble to explain his approach and his thinking, and sharing an entertaining video.

Well played!

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Yes, but in fairness to Thorsten, he went to great lengths to make it clear how much easier this was than snooker.

He noted that he plays some snooker at the New York Athletic Club (I've played there, too, and it's a tough 6 x 12 table) and that he'd only once run a century. He further mentioned how much respect he has for snooker pros, that he counts many of them as good friends, and that he got to know and was inspired by both Steve Davis and Jimmy White in his formative years.

All I see here is a former World 9-ball and World 14.1 Champion having some fun with a snooker-like exercise on a pool table, taking the trouble to explain his approach and his thinking, and sharing an entertaining video.

Well played!

Well said. If Thorsten played snooker more often I’m sure he’d be knocking in regular centuries. It’s fun to watch pros play other games in any form.