Pool matches/videos online

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure this has been covered a bazillion times (and I've read some of the posts I'm speaking about) so no need to hate on me for writing this lol.

Why is there no (none that I can find at least) sites out there that just charge a flat monthly fee, nothing insane but maybe $10 or $12, to stream pool matches?

I've been searching for literally over an hour for the 2007 U.S. Open match between SVB & Ronnie Alcano and I don't see it for free anywhere, and the only place I've found to purchase is accu-stats, and I have nothing against pumping a little cash into the sport I love or anything but instead buying a DVD or purchasing a 48 hour rental it would be nice to have a whole library of videos for a monthly fee. Ive read that's what accu-stats will eventually be but right now the videos are limited.

If anyone knows any good sites please fill me I'm!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just rented the match I was looking for on accu-stats for $7 and it's not working for some reason?
I really hope one day someone can come up with something that runs smooth with a nice search engine function. I guess nothing will happen until more people find interest in the game.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Just rented the match I was looking for on accu-stats for $7 and it's not working for some reason?
I really hope one day someone can come up with something that runs smooth with a nice search engine function. I guess nothing will happen until more people find interest in the game.

Agree. It’s frustrating, particularly for those of us who don’t live in the State. I would have like to watch the US 8 and 10 ball these last few days, but it starts at 2am my time, making the price fairly poor value.

If the price included the ability to rewatch the matches for a period of time, then I’d probably pay. As it is, they don’t get my money and I don’t get to enjoy the tournament.

I understand it’s a difficult dilemma. The US 9 ball and World 10 ball were fantastic, being free and saved to YouTube, but how much did YouTube cover the costs of the stream? Probably not much. On the flip side, the US 8 and 10 ball PPV will give them a nice contribution towards their expenses at $50 for the 6 days, and costing more for partial viewing, but it will also exclude a lot of potential viewers.

There has to be a better solution.

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't even think about how living overseas would make it even more difficult, in America if I want to watch a snooker match happening over there I will be able to find it but with American pool not having that type of coverage it must be brutal to try to watch the match.

On the bright side I contacted accu-stats about the video not working (turns out it was an old link) and they were very quick getting back to me and offered to send the DVD at no extra charge. So to Pat Fleming thank you!

I've seen the Vimeo thing but there's really not that much content on there, I hope they can upload the ENTIRE library they have and just charge a flat fee. It would be cool to be able to watch all big tournaments when they're happening and when there's nothing going on be able to search for some older stuff that I've never seen before.

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
A netflix like video channel would be pretty easy to make. Take about a day and then a lot of adding videos. but it's doable.

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it very doable if the leagues and tournament directors and the more influential people involved with the sport could come together.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
I didn't even think about how living overseas would make it even more difficult, in America if I want to watch a snooker match happening over there I will be able to find it but with American pool not having that type of coverage it must be brutal to try to watch the match.

On the bright side I contacted accu-stats about the video not working (turns out it was an old link) and they were very quick getting back to me and offered to send the DVD at no extra charge. So to Pat Fleming thank you!

I've seen the Vimeo thing but there's really not that much content on there, I hope they can upload the ENTIRE library they have and just charge a flat fee. It would be cool to be able to watch all big tournaments when they're happening and when there's nothing going on be able to search for some older stuff that I've never seen before.

And the BBC aren’t too draconian when it comes to videos being uploaded to YouTube. But with regards to the current US 8 ball and 10 ball, am I wrong in thinking that unless you watch it live, it’s gone? Or will it go to accu-stats, too?

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah accu-stats should have it available for purchase on DVD I believe or rental. But I believe you pay per match, it's very possible I'm wrong on that though.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A netflix like video channel would be pretty easy to make. Take about a day and then a lot of adding videos. but it's doable.

I'm a relative luddite, but that sounds fresh..
youtube works, I'd love to see an accu-stats, etc. app tho

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Billiard Channel by InsidePOOL on Roku has been available for years. I don’t know what the plan is or has been for them.

Wesv1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a lot of smart ass people (and a lot of smartass people lol) that frequent this site and many more out there who love the game. I understand that the demand is not HUGE but still I would guess that the majority of people on AZ would throw $12 a month to have access to major tournament streams and recordings maybe some podcast and other content etc.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a lot of smart ass people (and a lot of smartass people lol) that frequent this site and many more out there who love the game. I understand that the demand is not HUGE but still I would guess that the majority of people on AZ would throw $12 a month to have access to major tournament streams and recordings maybe some podcast and other content etc.

Last edited:

marikian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Accu-stats

I have the monthly streaming service on Vimeo and it is fantastic. They have around 252 matches so far and counting. At first I thought it was too much per month but it has helped my game so much. Being able to watch these top players with the quality of video and commentary is a no brainer. I can only wish that they start to put up some of their older matches one day.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah accu-stats should have it available for purchase on DVD I believe or rental. But I believe you pay per match, it's very possible I'm wrong on that though.

Accustats does have hundreds of matches available on DVD. Give them a call. They will send you a catalog.

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
Weve been doing this for half a decade.

Billiardnet.tv has over 10,000 videos in a library with professional and amateur content from around the country. $14.99 a month. It's the true netflix of pool.

www.billiardnet.tv