Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page AZB tournament...just a thought.

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
AZB tournament...just a thought.
Old
  (#1)
inside_english
AzB Silver Member
inside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

AZB tournament...just a thought. - 09-14-2008, 02:36 PM

OK. It's Sunday and I am at work in my prison (cubicle) until maybe 7:00pm, and naturally I am bored.

So, what better way to pass the time than start a thread that might get me flamed...or at the very least...get some AZB'ers to angrily post thread links whereby my question has already been discussed. Because you know, nothing alleviates boredom than performing some painstaking search to ensure I don't offend some people with a duplicate question (even if the question was asked a year ago!)

So here goes:

What do you think of a pool tournament for AZB members only (that are not established pros)? It could be 8, 9, or 10-ball.

Would you support it? Would you play?

This could be really big or really small...but of course we would have to figure out where it should be held, how long it should be, what the entry fees should be, handicapped or not, etc.

Plus we would have to have a moderator/director since EVERYONE will have a very strong opinion about all of the tournament details.

Of course I vote for Vegas as the location, maybe $50-100 entry fee, double-elim, no handicap, races to 11 and 9, top ten payouts only, everyone gets an AZB tee shirt (do they exist), and so on.

Just some thoughts. Curious as always as to the opinions of SOME of you...LOL

And no, there should NOT be a men's and women's event...it should be open to all.

Old
  (#2)
JDB
Idiot Savant
JDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond reputeJDB has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inside_english
OK. It's Sunday and I am at work in my prison (cubicle) until maybe 7:00pm, and naturally I am bored.

So, what better way to pass the time than start a thread that might get me flamed...or at the very least...get some AZB'ers to angrily post thread links whereby my question has already been discussed. Because you know, nothing alleviates boredom than performing some painstaking search to ensure I don't offend some people with a duplicate question (even if the question was asked a year ago!)

So here goes:

What do you think of a pool tournament for AZB members only (that are not established pros)? It could be 8, 9, or 10-ball.

This could be really big or really small...but of course we would have to figure out where it should be held, how long it should be, what the entry fees should be, handicapped or not, etc.

Plus we would have to have a moderator/director since EVERYONE will have a very strong opinion about all of the tournament details.

Of course I vote for Vegas as the location, maybe $50-100 entry fee, double-elim, no handicap, races to 11 and 9, top ten payouts only, everyone gets an AZB tee shirt (do they exist), and so on.

And no, there should NOT be a men's and women's event...it should be open to all.
I can't believe you posted this; this was just talked about a few months ago...lol. Have you tried the search function??? Just Kidding, it is a very good post.

I think there are a lot of people who would enjoy some type of AZB tournament; however, the coordination of such an event would be extremely difficult.

If the timing and location were reasonable, I would play. I would have no problem flying to an event if the timing was right...

Old
  (#3)
BigDogatLarge
Da pool gods are laughin'
BigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2300
  Send a message via Yahoo to BigDogatLarge  
09-14-2008, 09:13 PM

Ok I have the most fair place to hold the tournament.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Lebanon&state=KS
Based on this info.
http://www.kansasphototour.com/center.htm

So, which town has a pool room and motel that could hold all of us?

Anyone? Talk amongst yourselves...

Dwight

My Mistress is green, has six holes and I am constantly getting screwed...

AZB tournament
Old
  (#4)
tucson9ball
AzB Silver Member
tucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 175

AZB tournament - 09-14-2008, 09:24 PM

I agree with JDB, it would be very difficult to coordinate. But I do like the idea. KInd of like a private club, members only. Another problem would be that all the master players would show with only 1 division. It would be a very short tourney for most lower level players.
So.......until this gets organized I will stick with the BCA in Las Vegas and most recently I joined a APA masters team. We'll see how this turns out.
Anyways, it's a good idea but I beleive this is meant to be a forum and not a league. But ya never know how things evolve.

Chris

Old
  (#5)
BigDogatLarge
BigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond reputeBigDogatLarge has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson9ball
I agree with JDB, it would be very difficult to coordinate. But I do like the idea. KInd of like a private club, members only. Another problem would be that all the master players would show with only 1 division. It would be a very short tourney for most lower level players.
So.......until this gets organized I will stick with the BCA in Las Vegas and most recently I joined a APA masters team. We'll see how this turns out.
Anyways, it's a good idea but I beleive this is meant to be a forum and not a league. But ya never know how things evolve.
I think what he is trying to do is to have all of us together for a fun time.

Just sayin'...

Dwight

Old
  (#6)
inside_english
AzB Silver Member
inside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond reputeinside_english has a reputation beyond repute

09-15-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogatLarge

Just sayin'...

Dwight
Hey...I'll even go topless!

Old
  (#7)
BigDogatLarge

09-15-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Hey...I'll even go topless!
Ummmm... NO!

Old
  (#8)
AuntyDan
/* Insert skill here */
AuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-15-2008, 12:40 PM

We also have this "King of AZBilliards" thing running now. Perhaps we could have an annual King of the Hill tournament between the Kings of each state? (Ideally Mike could see if some of the boards sponsors could put a bit of money in to making it a nice event. Maybe TAR could broadcast it live?)

Aunty Dan
"For 'tis the sport to have the engineer
Hoist with his own petard."
W. Shakespeare

Old
  (#9)
Chucklez65
Chucklez65 has a reputation beyond reputeChucklez65 has a reputation beyond reputeChucklez65 has a reputation beyond reputeChucklez65 has a reputation beyond reputeChucklez65 has a reputation beyond reputeChucklez65 has a reputation beyond reputeChucklez65 has a reputation beyond reputeChucklez65 has a reputation beyond reputeChucklez65 has a reputation beyond reputeChucklez65 has a reputation beyond reputeChucklez65 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

09-15-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:

So here goes:

This might have already been posted because i didnt read the whole thread, but BrkNRun tried to put together a tourney in Vegas this past year and had close to 28 players signed up and only like 8 of us showed up.

would be nice to see it really come off though.

Chuck

I agree
Old
  (#10)
tucson9ball
AzB Silver Member
tucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 175

I agree - 09-15-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogatLarge

Just sayin'...

Dwight
It would be a great time meeting others from around the country.

ps:love the signature about the pool table.

Chris

Old
  (#11)
BVal
AzB Silver Member
BVal has a reputation beyond reputeBVal has a reputation beyond reputeBVal has a reputation beyond reputeBVal has a reputation beyond reputeBVal has a reputation beyond reputeBVal has a reputation beyond reputeBVal has a reputation beyond reputeBVal has a reputation beyond reputeBVal has a reputation beyond reputeBVal has a reputation beyond reputeBVal has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 217

09-15-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucklez65
This might have already been posted because i didnt read the whole thread, but BrkNRun tried to put together a tourney in Vegas this past year and had close to 28 players signed up and only like 8 of us showed up.

I wanted to play but it started before I got there. I was only there for the team event. Didn't Jimmy M. win? Same old same old - even in another state!

BVal

Old
  (#12)
Cuebacca
________
Cuebacca has a reputation beyond reputeCuebacca has a reputation beyond reputeCuebacca has a reputation beyond reputeCuebacca has a reputation beyond reputeCuebacca has a reputation beyond reputeCuebacca has a reputation beyond reputeCuebacca has a reputation beyond reputeCuebacca has a reputation beyond reputeCuebacca has a reputation beyond reputeCuebacca has a reputation beyond reputeCuebacca has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

09-15-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucklez65

Was that the 10-ball one at the BCAPL Nationals?

Old
  (#13)
BigDogatLarge

09-15-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucson9ball
It would be a great time meeting others from around the country.

ps:love the signature about the pool table.
Thanks, it all started with some of my friends saying I needed a mistress and that is what I told them. lol

Dwight

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: