$10,000 added in Phoenix area

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I already posted this in the tourney announcement forum, but I wanted it to be discussed by the regulars as this will be an AzBilliards event.

Looking for ideas on additional things we can do with this event. Maybe an AzBers only event on Thursday? Maybe a Midnight Madness on Friday night?

-----------
The Carefree Resort and Conference Center presents the AzBilliards Southwest 10-Ball Classic.

Sept 9-12, 2010

10-Ball on Diamond 7' Coin Op Tables

Carefree Resort and Conference Center
Carefree, Arizona

$10,000 total added money
$500 bonus to top female finisher
Paying out 100% of entry fees plus the added money
$125 entry before 9/3 - $150 after

Sponsored by :
Sonoran Custom Cues
More sponsors to be announced

Event will be livestreamed.
-------------

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
I already posted this in the tourney announcement forum, but I wanted it to be discussed by the regulars as this will be an AzBilliards event.

Looking for ideas on additional things we can do with this event. Maybe an AzBers only event on Thursday? Maybe a Midnight Madness on Friday night?

-----------
The Carefree Resort and Conference Center presents the AzBilliards Southwest 10-Ball Classic.

Sept 9-12, 2010

Carefree, Arizona

Sponsored by :
Sonoran Custom Cues

-------------

You guys rock! What are the races gonna be for the main tourny? And i think maybe a AZBer ring game or something would be cool. Something cheap like $25 dollar entry and i bet you would get a good response. I would play and i suck lol.

Last edited:

MasterClass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys should organize world pool championship next.

Lay some foundations so that amateur organizers has something to follow.

Promoting the events and streaming should be the minimum.

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Mike, I wish you the best of luck with it and hope you get many sponsors on board for this and it grows and continues on as an annual event. Kudos for having it in Arizona, should be a great deal of fun. :)

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The races will be to 9 on both sides. With it being on 7' tables, we were worried that any shorter races would not be fair. I realize that the extra ball in 10-ball does away with some of the break and runs, but I still expect to see quite a few 2s and 3s from players.

We are limiting the event to the first 128 players. While it would be great to see that many players, I think somewhere in the 75 range would still be a success.

Anyone interested in entering this event can contact me at housepro@azbilliards.com or call me at 678-929-7665 (678-9AZ-POOL).

argonath

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

-----------

Sept 9-12, 2010

Carefree, Arizona

Sponsored by :
Sonoran Custom Cues

-------------

Send me an email with all the info and I can get an article written for the Examiner on it as well to help promote it.

Argonath
theprofessor@cox.net

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh MAN!!!!
I fly out on the 11th to Alaska to go on a 1 week cruise. Argh, the timing.:(
I hope you get a big turnout.:thumbup:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Damn, sorry Chris.

The good news is that the venue is interesting in more events down the road if this one turns out decent.

Mike

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
What does everyone think about an AzBers event on Thursday night? The main event will start on Friday (probably around 5).

Also thinking about a small single elim winner take all event on Friday night late. The venue is good with us keeping the ballroom open as late as we want on Friday night.

Mike

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is friggin great, Mike!

Are you the promoter for this event? Is this considered an open, pro, regional, or all of the above in some shape or form type event? Just curious.

Thanks for making this happen :smile:

Ray

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Well, I consider it an open event. Realistically, I know that we are not going to draw the monster names. (Heck, the real monsters will be in Manila that week anyways)

I kind of compare it to the Dust Off that Ron Merseal had at Alexanders a couple years ago. That was $5000 added on 7' tables. It drew 8-10 big names and a lot of top talent from the SW.

If we can get a handful of names along with the top players from California, Vegas, New Mexico, Colorado to play alongside the local players then I think we can have a pretty successful event.

Mike

This is friggin great, Mike!

Are you the promoter for this event? Is this considered an open, pro, regional, or all of the above in some shape or form type event? Just curious.

Thanks for making this happen :smile:

Ray

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Well, I consider it an open event. Realistically, I know that we are not going to draw the monster names. (Heck, the real monsters will be in Manila that week anyways)

I kind of compare it to the Dust Off that Ron Merseal had at Alexanders a couple years ago. That was $5000 added on 7' tables. It drew 8-10 big names and a lot of top talent from the SW.

If we can get a handful of names along with the top players from California, Vegas, New Mexico, Colorado to play alongside the local players then I think we can have a pretty successful event.

Mike

Hey Mike, if you need some help contact me bud. Another thing is if you have something I can put up on my live stream every week I will, perhaps a banner I can run on the screen, something 500 by 500 that shows up well. I really hope this is a success. :smile:

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member

Mike

That's awesome.

I really do miss that tournament (Dust-Off). It was a fun tournament that did draw some of the Cali, CO, NV, and NM players. I'm glad you are trying to do something similar... kudos to you. You know I'll support it.

I remember one year at the Dust-Off, Jimmy "I'm a semi-retired lamb killer extraordinaire" Mendoza beat Elvis Presley pretty deep in the field :eek:. It was quite a sight to behold. Maybe this will bring Mr. Mendoza out of the woodwork (or should I say 'off the bike trails').

Ray

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Basic flier for the event

Here is a basic flier for the event. We needed something quick for this weekend.

Mike

Attachments

• carefree flyer.gif
    carefree flyer.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 227