Cyclop Hyperion Pool Balls

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today, I received my set of Cyclop Hyperion Pool Balls. Shout out to Jacky Zhang at China Billiards on a smooth transaction and fast shipping. My set arrived factory sealed with the Cyclop hologram on the box. There have been some reported issues of the octagons not being centered in the circles. To my eye, some in my set are perfectly centered, some a little off and some quite a bit off from center. I have resigned to the fact it is what it is and Cyclop will not be correcting or QC'ing the issue. With what I paid ($220 shipped) and the fact that I like the uniqueness of the set, I am satisfied with the purchase; not ecstatic, satisfied. Each ball weights between 170-171 grams with both cue balls weighing 171 grams. All balls roll true and play as well as any other premium set I own. I'm looking forward to ring game play with the Dragon 10B.

45739805491_0352d92fcf_o.jpg

45689349092_0433ea16d5_o.jpg

Last edited:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bro, how about a shot of the dragon side of the money balls???!!!

Set looks nice.

Shame they didn't care enough to get the graphics lined up properly. Kinda inexcusable. Particularly after the well-publicized issues with their original sets.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told by a friend that he'd heard they will be using new Cyclop balls at the DCC this year...

...any intel out there?

Lou Figueroa

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
I really like the dragon side of the money balls, but the other side with the HUGE number on has to go. If they got rid of those numbers I'd buy a set.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DCC cue ball to be used is from their Cyclop TV ball set

Is that the zit ball?

Lou Figueroa
one big dot v measles

My money is on their version of a measle ball (from the Hyperion Set) will be used. I can't imagine they will bring a bunch of the single dot cue balls to the event when each set of Hyperions has two cue balls. FWIW, the cue ball from the Hyperion set plays nice; very similar to a Measle Ball.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My money is on their version of a measle ball (from the Hyperion Set) will be used. I can't imagine they will bring a bunch of the single dot cue balls to the event when each set of Hyperions has two cue balls. FWIW, the cue ball from the Hyperion set plays nice; very similar to a Measle Ball.

Screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181106-094551_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20181106-094551_Facebook.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 716

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is poor visual, to have the borders around the numbers comprised of straight lines, instead of something that flows...like a circle.

The Japanese never woulda let such an obvious lack of wabi sabi pass unnoticed.