HACUBA aiming?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
:confused:
For me, contact points are hard to see from behind the cb. It's easy to spot from behind the ob, but by the time you move over to the cb's perspective it ends up being nothing more than guesswork/approximations. I understand this method is not using actual contact points. It uses spots on the cloth, which I find even more difficult than trying to see contact points.

I really get lost on the "variant" instructions, the step where you line your cue to the "leftmost edge between OB and CB and then transpose at the center of CB".

It seems what he is doing is using that contact point line to position his body for the shot (similar to CTE players using their specific visuals to get their body aligned for a shot before doing a pivot or sweep to find the aim line), then from that unique perspective he visualizes a line from the edge of either the cb or the ob (whichever happens to be farthest left in these right cut shot examples), then he moves his cue parallel to this visual to arrive at a center cb aim line. I haven't tried it on the table to test it out, but I'm not too optimistic about it working. Maybe this explanation will help you figure it out. If you get it working let us know.

Last edited:

salux

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,
Yes my system is not easy and also not always works...
I'm working on a new one in these days I called Magic X aiming system (MX aiming). This should be my definitive one. In my tests it proves to be more than 90 % accurate.
It doesn't involve contact points on ob, just uses the cb, the pocket and the position of both balls. I'll adopt it on my next tournament next Saturday.
Stay tuned on my youtube channel.
See you.
Salux