Pool Idiots Every Where

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This letter just came over my screen. Thought I would share it....

To: Pool Idiots Every Where
To Whom It May Concern, it has come to my attention that Pool Idiots everywhere feel it is my obligation to answer all their Pool Questions.
From Time to Time….as a Matter of Fact every time when I attempt to Answer, The Pool Idiot indicates either he has some other way to do it that he would like me to validate, or I am giving him too much information and that he just wanted to watch me play in a public pool room for free.
I would like All Pool Idiots to know, contrary to Popular Belief, I actually get paid to do these things.
However, I understand your inability to Practice Effectively; Lack of Ability to Aim Efficiently and Your futile attempts at Playing Like Your Head is up Your Ass.
As a Result, I would like to make the process less Stressful for Pool Idiots everywhere by establishing the following Policy:
From here on in I will allow you to write what you would like to hear and I will memorize it and Recite it to You…..
Yours Truly
Tenderloin Tony
TLT
According to reports Tony is a real person whose name you would probably recognize. He doesn't post here but I think he would be a valued contributor.

Last edited:

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I address this by quoting the rules (I use the BCA rule book) and when I say quotiong I use the same words in the same order as the rule book, often with the paragraph number.

So when they all me on a response, I can dig out the book and show them.

That pretty much shuts up anyone but the "professional" pool idiots.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

To Whom It May Concern, it has come to my attention that Pool Idiots everywhere feel it is my obligation to answer all their Pool Questions.
From Time to Time….as a Matter of Fact every time when I attempt to Answer, The Pool Idiot indicates either he has some other way to do it that he would like me to validate, or I am giving him too much information and that he just wanted to watch me play in a public pool room for free.
I would like All Pool Idiots to know, contrary to Popular Belief, I actually get paid to do these things.
However, I understand your inability to Practice Effectively; Lack of Ability to Aim Efficiently and Your futile attempts at Playing Like Your Head is up Your Ass.
As a Result, I would like to make the process less Stressful for Pool Idiots everywhere by establishing the following Policy:
From here on in I will allow you to write what you would like to hear and I will memorize it and Recite it to You…..
Yours Truly
Tenderloin Tony
TLT
According to reports Tony is a real person whose name you would probably recognize. He doesn't post here but I think he would be a valued contributor.

I will admit I don't know Mr. Tenderloin but he does use capital letters in a very random way:wink:

If I ever run into him I will be sure to pay for any info that I might glean from him.

Cuebuddy>>>shore don't wanna be known as a Pool Idiot.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

Yours Truly
Tenderloin Tony
TLT

I really understand where he's coming from. That being said, the way he says his piece does little to inspire sympathy. It's ok to just say "no" sometimes or even all of the time. One should reserve scaldings for when the "no" isn't accepted.

JC

Coos Cues
I really understand where he's coming from. That being said, the way he says his piece does little to inspire sympathy. It's ok to just say "no" sometimes or even all of the time. One should reserve scaldings for when the "no" isn't accepted.

Cut him some slack.

He's just ranting a bit before he curls up for a good night's sleep in the back seat of his 95 Impala.

JC

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know who this gentleman is, but obviously someone took something from him and I'd like to give it back. Here you go, remember you get to play for one hour then it's nap time

Attachments

• trike.jpg
    trike.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,117

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
If someone charge$ for instruction, and they are qualified, I feel it's poor taste to press for free knowledge/information. A question here or there should be fine, but there's a line. Persisting is just inconsiderate.

That said, I don't think this guy would be my first choice. There's gotta be a more tactful way to suggest he charges for this service.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
kinda figured he meant to say scalding

Some people deserve to be burned down! Pool or anything else, we have all had plenty of experience with those that come to us for help and then start telling us how to do whatever the question was about. Seems most just want support for their viewpoint.

Like Tony I find it very tempting to agree with the questioner if what they are doing isn't dangerous. Some people can learn from others, some must learn everything the hard way. After twenty years some have twenty years experience, some have one year's experience repeated twenty times!

Hu

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people deserve to be burned down! Pool or anything else, we have all had plenty of experience with those that come to us for help and then start telling us how to do whatever the question was about. Seems most just want support for their viewpoint.

Like Tony I find it very tempting to agree with the questioner if what they are doing isn't dangerous. Some people can learn from others, some must learn everything the hard way. After twenty years some have twenty years experience, some have one year's experience repeated twenty times!

Hu

I kind of agree. Why ask for advice only to turn around and counter argue every point being offered by the person you just asked? This is not just a pool thing either. I have run into this a lot on subjects I have plenty of first hand knowledge on. Certainly more than the person doing the asking anyway.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is Pool teacher and frustrated when people don't listen his advices.
Those peoples have mind full of own ideas and are not ready for new/different info.

IMO this is authority problem. If this guy was World Champ, everyone would listen him. If he is just coach. No way!

I know this myself. He has to make one super strong player or more..

Last weekend my newest student (almost 2 months coaching) who never competed and was mediocre senior age bar banger, went to big division 8-ball tournament with 110 players . He came 5th place and lost to 10-ball Finnish Champ(who won tournament). I used this to Ad my coaching FB page and got almost 10 messages about peoples asking teaching on next day.
They knew about it(my teaching/coaching) already like 6 moths.
What I try to say is that peoples need strong proof to change opinions.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Not everyone has the demeanor to teach...or deal with the public in general. If you can't say no nicely, find a job where you don't have to talk at all.

Get over yourself Tony.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first sign of a Pool Idiot, is they can twirl a cue like an airplane propeller while they walk around the table and check out the layout.