Carolina Custom

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I found a pretty high-end CC belonging to a friend of mine to have a couple of imperfections in the cue that was shipped.

One of the ivory diamonds had an uneven side, like it chipped while cutting so it had been smoothed out, losing a little extra material.

Another was that one of the points looked like it had been 'massaged' after being installed in the wood. I'm not sure exactly without taking the finish off to go deeper, but something is off.

It's a very pretty cue, but the exacting perfectionist in me that won't spend $2k on a cue with flaws saw those and was pretty sad.

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
I've owned a couple CC cues and found they both played well. Trevor was a pleasure to deal with and I would not hesitate to place confidence in his commitment to his customer. In my experience, he stands by his work. If you find a cue that you like, I say buy and enjoy. I've got no regrets at all for my business with Carolina Custom. I bought a fancy box cue and enjoyed it very much. For me, a very good value.

Ballbreaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Carolina

Here a new Carolina that Trevor is finishing up for me, I have several of his cues and am having several more made, Great cues, great customer service, Havent had any problems or issues with his cues.

Attachments

• 20130806_094639_resized.jpg
    20130806_094639_resized.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 689
  • 20130806_094646_resized.jpg
    20130806_094646_resized.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 678
  • 20130806_094703_resized.jpg
    20130806_094703_resized.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 680

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Pretty cues for a decent price.

Mine wasn't bad just wasn't for me, I felt like it was stiff but killed the cue ball... I felt as if I had zero feedback action for whitey, I could make shots with it I just felt uncomfortable.

The one I had was an ebony pointed birds eye nose 4 veneer gambler cue with Ivory joint, ferrule and inlays... Almost seamless smooth black leather wrap. Like I said the cue looked like a dream and finish was like glass even for being 20+ years old, but still playability was rated down for me. I would try one out if I were you, you have nothing to loose only to gain experience with cues and their differences.

Best of luck.

-Drew

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
To be honest greatly disappointed with them, butt section wobble good 1/8 inch when I got it, points where not clean at all, bubbles in the clear coat on butt and shaft. Did play very well and very nice leather wrap and this was a $1200 8 point. Price was good til I saw the quality

slyfox

Olney Fan
Silver Member
I've been to the shop twice. Owned around 10 CC cues over the past couple years. At first, their cues were bullet-proof; I've sold a few of the earlier cues and wish I hadn't. Their primary cue-maker left about 1.5-2 years ago. Since then, IMHO the cues have gone down-hill. If you find a good one, it'll play as good as any cue on the market. Unfortunately, I don't think they are as consistent cue-to-cue as they should be. BUT, if you find a good one, you find a killer playing cue.
Just my 2 cents. Best of luck. :thumbup:

Last edited: