Looking for KJ style arbor with 8mm ID

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Hello,

Like the title says, looking for a KJ style harbor, with the 1/4" shank and the 8mm hole to install the carbide slitting saw blade.
I only need the arbor since I found a source for the carbide blades.
Thanks!

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make them yourself and turn it between centres if you want it to run dead true.
Neil

JC

Coos Cues
Hello,

Like the title says, looking for a KJ style harbor, with the 1/4" shank and the 8mm hole to install the carbide slitting saw blade.
I only need the arbor since I found a source for the carbide blades.
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I don't have one but I'm really curious what is a "KJ style"? Sorry for the ignorance.

JC

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
I'm pretty sure I don't have one but I'm really curious what is a "KJ style"? Sorry for the ignorance.

JC

KJ's arbor has an 8mm ID. Most of the arbors you can get have either a 1/4" or 3/8" ID for the blade hole.
I do have an arbor from Malco Saw, but I don't want to pay $74.00 for a custom ordered carbide saw blade and minimum order from them are 3 blades, so it's like $18.00 vs $222.00.

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
Make them yourself and turn it between centres if you want it to run dead true.
Neil

Neil,

Yeah, I could probably make one but my priority is to deliver and finish cues that are on back order not making arbors. I just don't have the time to do it.
I know KJ makes quality stuff so that's why I was looking for one.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Neil,

Yeah, I could probably make one but my priority is to deliver and finish cues that are on back order not making arbors. I just don't have the time to do it.

In all honesty, if you have a metal turning lathe, it literally takes about 20 minutes to make exactly what you need. If you have never turned steel before, it'll take about an hour plus some video watching time, but will still be exactly what you need. I am not a machinist, and have no schooling in that field and have been able to either re-turn an arbor so it ran true or make my own to fit what I needed. Just takes a bit of time, which when you think about it, it takes time for shipping a pre-made anyways, while you wait.
Dave

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
In all honesty, if you have a metal turning lathe, it literally takes about 20 minutes to make exactly what you need. If you have never turned steel before, it'll take about an hour plus some video watching time, but will still be exactly what you need. I am not a machinist, and have no schooling in that field and have been able to either re-turn an arbor so it ran true or make my own to fit what I needed. Just takes a bit of time, which when you think about it, it takes time for shipping a pre-made anyways, while you wait.

Dave

You are right Dave, I will leave that up to the people that make it anyways!
I could probably do it and I might even do it but for now I will still be looking because I really don't have the time.

Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
You may have already done this but, have you pm'd KJ? I thought he still made the arbors, but didn't supply the blades, or something like that.
Dave

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Dave
Good luck in making it as good as KJ's.:)
I got one . I got two of Brianna's too. Got some mod'd one from sanding arbors too.
I'd let the KJ go with a used blade for $50, shipped.

Looks like it's a collector's item now since KJ doesn't make them anymore.

Last edited:

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
<retracted>

Ooops. Sorry. I see Joey has offered his.

Last edited:

Guerra Cues

Silver Member
Good luck in making it as good as KJ's.:)
I got one . I got two of Brianna's too. Got some mod'd one from sanding arbors too.
I'd let the KJ go with a used blade for $50, shipped.

Looks like it's a collector's item now since KJ doesn't make them anymore.

Sent you a pm Joey.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Neil,

Last edited: