Anyone know this room?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've played him a couple times and he can shoot back if given the opportunity.

He is an extremely nice person and knows exactly how a room should be run in this modern day world.

Been there three or four times and as a poster above said, there isn't a lot of action "in general" but, anything can be acquired and as you know action can be found there, all you have to do is call ahead of time. Trust me, action can be had.

Jeff

Are you trying to tell us that he's not quite your speed? :rolleyes:
Jim has been known to gamble FYI.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you trying to tell us that he's not quite your speed? :rolleyes:
Jim has been known to gamble FYI.

No sir, not in any way....:rolleyes:

Only reason I mentioned the action was because someone earlier said they visited his room but it didn't seem like there was much action. I was agreeing with them but, incase they didn't know I was saying they "for sure" could get played. Lol...all they had to do is ask in advance.

There are several really strong players in that area.

I'm well aware of his game. He is a very good player as well as a super nice guy.

I wish there was more rooms like his and more room owners like him.

Have a good day Jay:rolleyes:

Jeff

Whodini

Never get out of the boat
Colorful wall art

I have been there several times and to me the coolest part about the room are the individual portraits of players they have on the walls. If I remember the story correctly, they have a guy in Mexico they send "Billiard Cards" (not unlike baseball cards) and this gentleman paints the image in vibrant colors and sends the image back. Gives the room a completely different character compared to modern rooms. Great place to play and visit. There is also an old neon Billiards sign hanging inside (not lit) that is gorgeous. Cool place. Worth a stop when in Richmond.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best pool room in Richmond is Diamond Billiards, technically in Midlothian VA. That is where all of the players go. Great prices, Action, Tournaments, best pool hall food and drinks you've ever had, etc. Their Chef wins local awards for his creations. No expense was spared when Thomas Dorsey started this pool room. The state tournaments are held there as well as tons of league action and other tournaments. It's like "Cheers" for pool players.