Is anyone familiar with Stratford tables?

mypawlak

In the market for a pool table and came across a very nice looking "Stratford."
I did some research and found a Stratford by Olhausen, but these don't seem to be the same the Stratford I'm looking at seems to be the brand.
Any idea if this is a correct assessment and what the quality is of these tables?
p.jpeg

:shrug:

Hawsehole

I had one of them before and I quite like its traditional style with extensive grooves along the aprons and sturdy tapered legs supporting the well-crafted structure.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are not highest quality materials or workmanship built, but more than "just adequate". Seems to mostly be solid wood as opposed to particle board, but can't remember what the slate liners are. Bed is solid enough, cross rails and supports are a little light underneath. Don't know slate thickness. Only one i'm actually familiar with is buddy's 9'. different model than Stratford, nice enough looking furniture table. If you are not at a level where you should be playing on a GC & the wife wants furniture, they seem to be a lot of table for the money. OTOH look at what many of the table techs on this forum could put in your room in terms of a used GC with upgrades.

The biggest problem with my friend's table is the cushions are dead from day one. He bought it new.

Disclaimer - I am not a table tech, not even close. OTOH during the 80's made tools and parts for a table builder and tech.

smt