Snooker cue recommendation

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
Hi,

I am looking to buy a snooker cue to play, but I don't know much about snooker cues and where to buy them.

Can you please recommend me some nice cues, and place to purchase them, whether it is in the US, UK or EU, it's fine with me as long as they accept paypal and sell internationally.

My budget is $200 max.

thanks,
Cuong.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mastercue is also in thailand, I got a cue from them and it was pretty good for the money.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First thing is what are you gonna play with it. Snooker cues generally only play well on 12 footers with the 2 1/16 balls.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I have seen some decent cues from Omin, they are based in Thailand.

That's what I was going to post, Slash.
A friend of mine bought an O'Min 1-piece cue (maple).....
..it is the best 1-piece snooker cue I've ever seen...
..when I looked down the shaft, I saw the exactness of Gus Szamboti.

Here's the site...
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...=rib_lXaC3qNopC2E_y8iEw&bvm=bv.46340616,d.aWM

Thanks guys, I looked them up on some snooker stores and their price easily exceeds my budget. I dont know if it can be cheaper if I contact them directly, but I will try.

mastercue is also in thailand, I got a cue from them and it was pretty good for the money.

Thanks, I think I will get one from Thailand for sure, near, easy and simple for me lol.

First thing is what are you gonna play with it. Snooker cues generally only play well on 12 footers with the 2 1/16 balls.

I play standard snooker on 12foot tables, so I guess a standard cue should do the job.

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you can get older Parris- buy it. I got mine about 2 months ago, cue is about 15 years old and dead straight(after being in states and someone was playing pool with it)
cue is nuts- my game improved ridicously

Lucky_Lew66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why do you need a snooker cue

Just wondering what is so special about a one piece snooker cue, i used to play years ago with my pool cue with a smaller diameter shaft and could post some pretty good runs with a 6 cherry rack,does an actual snooker cue make that much difference?

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
if you can get older Parris- buy it. I got mine about 2 months ago, cue is about 15 years old and dead straight(after being in states and someone was playing pool with it)
cue is nuts- my game improved ridicously

I heard that older Parris are the best, but not the new cues. a friend of mine got a new JP 2 years ago and recently the joint is stuck together and cannot be released, it plays nice though but another player who played with the older Parris said the new ones cannot compare. And they definitely come expensive.

Just wondering what is so special about a one piece snooker cue, i used to play years ago with my pool cue with a smaller diameter shaft and could post some pretty good runs with a 6 cherry rack,does an actual snooker cue make that much difference?

I, too, play play snooker better with pool cues than snooker cues, I kind of cannot get on with the taper of a snooker cue. but I just start playing serious snooker recently and I think with training I can play well with a snooker cue, and I may need one, but just a budget one.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member

Not really possible to have the ideal 9.5mm-10mm tip size without a conical taper, that tip size usually requires a stronger ferrule as the wall is thin.
Snooker cues have an extension adapter in the butt end and weights are around 18oz

bender_lu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just wanted to add peradon :) snookercues made in england, the basic model should cost around 140 dollars (i think its called "laser").

havent played an o min or mastercue yet but the reviews on the forums are good.

Enjoy the game!

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

I am looking to buy a snooker cue to play, but I don't know much about snooker cues and where to buy them.

Can you please recommend me some nice cues, and place to purchase them, whether it is in the US, UK or EU, it's fine with me as long as they accept paypal and sell internationally.

My budget is $200 max.

thanks,
Cuong.

I have owned Omin, Master, Phoenix, Hunts, Peradon, Robin, Nachan and John Parris Ultimate.
If you want good quality cue from Thailand try Phoenix.
I also have a few Phoenix cues and John Parris in my FB gallery.
If you need any assistance or know more about Phoenix look me up in my FB.

Alternatively, you can look for Mr.Artisd from Phoenix from FB. Just tell him I send you.
He knows me well and will take care of you.

If you want really cheap Thai cue, look for Nachan. You might be lucky to get the good one.
I would say 2 out of 10, will be good. But quality wise is not there but it is still playable.

Last edited:

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just wanted to add peradon :) snookercues made in england, the basic model should cost around 140 dollars (i think its called "laser").

havent played an o min or mastercue yet but the reviews on the forums are good.

Enjoy the game!

The mid range and low end Omin are produce super fast. And you know what you get I guess.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I have owned Omin, Master, Phoenix, Hunts, Peradon, Robin, Nachan and John Parris Ultimate.
If you want good quality cue from Thailand try Phoenix.
I also have a few Phoenix cues and John Parris in my FB gallery.
If you need any assistance or know more about Phoenix look me up in my FB.

Alternatively, you can look for Mr.Artisd from Phoenix from FB. Just tell him I send you.
He knows me well and will take care of you.

If you want really cheap Thai cue, look for Nachan. You might be lucky to get the good one.
I would say 2 out of 10, will be good. But quality wise is not there but it is still playable.

Wow, Johnny, you really know everything, don't you?? lol

Thanks a lot, I am on your facebook page and Phoenix page right now.

BangkokMichael

Owner - Thailandbilliard
Silver Member
I have niche cue and omin cue from thailand. I can ship from usa. Starting at $95 us dollar. PM me for more details.

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been looking for a cue as well and the Phoenix line looks very nice. It looks like they range from high $300 to low $400. Not a bad price if they are of good quality. Not sure what the shipping would be to the U.S.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I have been looking for a cue as well and the Phoenix line looks very nice. It looks like they range from high $300 to low $400. Not a bad price if they are of good quality. Not sure what the shipping would be to the U.S.

You can add their facebook and ask them directly. they are very supportive and responsive. My friend has ordered them to build a new cue, and I will buy one from them when they finish that cue.

here is their facebook https://www.facebook.com/phoenixcue.thailand?fref=ts

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I am a "cross-over" player (Pocket Billiards & Snooker) and found it
more cost-effective to have a Ash Snooker Shaft made for my Pool Cue.
Tom Coker, Master Cue Maker in Sacramento, came to the rescue and
crafted 11mm Ash Snooker Shafts for my friend Don and I. They are
interchangeable with the 13mm Maple Shafts and weigh approx. the same.

I have put my English Cues away in favor of the new set-up.