Announcing a new wrap seam cutting tool

StrokeAnalyzer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have created a new method and tool for installing leather wraps on cues.

My desire was to install leather wraps, but I wasn't excited about spending $400 to $500 for a fixture to cut the seam. So I set out to create a new method and design a tool to help install leather wraps.

As most of you know, the biggest challenge is cutting the wrap ends and cutting the final wrap seam edges. The wrap seam cuting tool I designed, allows for a complete installation of the wrap while the cue is on the lathe. You do not have to remove the cue from the lathe to cut the final wrap seam.

The wrap channel end radius's are cut with a template from Superior Cues for $30, then the gluing and wrap seam edges are cut with the wrap seam cutting tool while the cue is on the lathe.

I have had great success using this method with the seam cutting tool I designed. My wrap seams have been virtually invisible.

I'm going to make and sell the wrap seam cutting tool to anyone interested for $70. The price will include the wrap seam cutting tool, 2 clamps and detailed instructions with photographs outlining the steps I take to install a wrap. The instructions will be a 36+ page PDF document on a DVD with over 50 pictures describing the installation steps. These installation instructions are probably the most comprehensive wrap installation ever written. The wrap end radius cutting guide is not included (purchase from Superior Cues or Unique). Price also includes shipping to USA locations.

Some skill and experience is required to install any wrap. This is true with any fixture or tool. There is no substitute for practice. However, this seam cutting tool can go a long way to help install quality cue wraps at a reasonable cost.

Below is a photo of the wrap seam cutting tool attached to a cue. The wrap installation is complete in the photo. I also attached some photos of recent wraps I installed. The seams are shown in the photos.

PM me for details and to purchase.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

CIMG0787.jpg

CIMG0789.jpg