Had my cue stolen about a month ago.....

kyo1128

Risa Yoshiki is HOT also
Silver Member
Hey guys, long time lurker and first time poster.
About a month ago, I had my cue stolen when I went for a smoke outside. What kills me is that they stole my Mezz (about 5 years old, bought in Japan for around $500) and not my friend's TAD.:confused:
I've been looking at for sale thread here and others, also craigslist but it's been a month already and hasn't shown up. So I guess I wont find it anymore.

My reason for the post is to ask those that had their cues stolen:
Are you just paranoid now just leaving your cues unattended for 2 seconds?
I'm thinking of making use of the great deals here for used cues, but if I get one, I think I'm just going to be paranoid. Have you done anything differently since it was stolen? I know my Mezz weren't close to what most of you play but I really liked it.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Check the local pawn shops.

Hey guys, long time lurker and first time poster.
About a month ago, I had my cue stolen when I went for a smoke outside. What kills me is that they stole my Mezz (about 5 years old, bought in Japan for around $500) and not my friend's TAD.:confused:
I've been looking at for sale thread here and others, also craigslist but it's been a month already and hasn't shown up. So I guess I wont find it anymore.

My reason for the post is to ask those that had their cues stolen:
Are you just paranoid now just leaving your cues unattended for 2 seconds?
I'm thinking of making use of the great deals here for used cues, but if I get one, I think I'm just going to be paranoid. Have you done anything differently since it was stolen? I know my Mezz weren't close to what most of you play but I really liked it.

Never leave your que alone. Anywhere, anytime.
Check the pawn shops close to the room where your que dissapeared.
Post a REWARD flyer in the room, no questions asked. You might get it back, probably some punk that just stole it for S&G's.

I suggest everyone take digital pictures of their ques. Good Luck

blah blah

Shoebat
I had a cue stolen from my car at my house. They stole everything in/on the car that they could take/detatch...

The cue was very important to me for memory's sake, and the case was just as big a deal. I dropped notices with pics at pawnshops, poolrooms, and bars, and even gave my cell phone number to anyone who ever went to a poolroom in case they saw it.

I had nightmares over killing whoever I saw holding the cue, and then going to jail for murder. I stayed up at night figuring out how to boobytrap my car so that if you moved the driver's seat back (I'm short), a shotgun would shoot you in the back of the head.

It's been years, now, and the nightmares are over. I am still paranoid, though, and if someone I know and trust is not specifically watching my cues, I will bring them in the bathroom with me.

I am sorry for your loss.

kyo1128

Risa Yoshiki is HOT also
Silver Member
Pawn shop? Never really thought of that. There's couple in 20 min radius when I just googled it. Unfortunately, only picture I have with the cue have whole lot me and less of the cue....

Thank you for your help.

rugerfan

Got a Snakewood fetish...
Silver Member
That sucks bud. When I was younger, I had one stolen out of my car. Generally, when I'm playing pool, I'm with folks who know me and my equipment. If someone were to pick up my cue, I doubt it would take a cold hard second for someone to say "Hey...that belongs to somebody...."

I look at a cue thief along the same lines as a horse thief....lowlife.

Hope you get your stuff back. Either give up the weeds or play somewhere where people know you and will watch your back for ya.

kyo1128

Risa Yoshiki is HOT also
Silver Member
Rugerfan, I actually did quit smoking. Week later, I came down with serious cold and just haven't had a cigarette yet.

I guess I was prime for picking but I never thought someone would be that low. I guess there were a lot of high schoolers out that afternoon, but that means I won't find it in a pawn shop....

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
I always ask someone I know to watch my cues... and then leave my cue on the table. I think it is harder for someone to take it that way. So sorry this happened.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
cues being important

i never leave my cue unattened...if i am playing at a place with some buddys i let my buddys hit balls with it while i am doing what ever i need to do to leave cue behind...if i am in a place bymself i break it down and put in case and carry it with me to the places such as the bathroom or outside to talk on phone...another thing i notice that alot of people do is place there case against the wall with an extra cue in it and continue to play...i allways place my case even if it is empty under the table that i am playing at..you can allways keep an eye on it if under the table...people often walk by why your shooting or talking and you never even notice them...they could easily snatch it off the bar or table next to you that your playing at...i use to work at a pool hall in the early 90s and if you didnt watch your stuff close it would be gone...i realize that i might be a little over protective of my stuff but i dont want to end up if there was something i could do to have kept it from being taken...hope this helps...ps when you walk in a pool room think like a thief and look around and see how easy it would be to take peoples cues and cases..it will give you a better idea of how to protect your cues from them..

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
I had a cue stolen from my car at my house. They stole everything in/on the car that they could take/detatch...

The cue was very important to me for memory's sake, and the case was just as big a deal. I dropped notices with pics at pawnshops, poolrooms, and bars, and even gave my cell phone number to anyone who ever went to a poolroom in case they saw it.

I had nightmares over killing whoever I saw holding the cue, and then going to jail for murder. I stayed up at night figuring out how to boobytrap my car so that if you moved the driver's seat back (I'm short), a shotgun would shoot you in the back of the head.

It's been years, now, and the nightmares are over. I am still paranoid, though, and if someone I know and trust is not specifically watching my cues, I will bring them in the bathroom with me.

I am sorry for your loss.
i am over paranoid...that seems to be the easiest way to keep it from being stolen...i am very sorry for your loss...

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
I have never had one stolen but when Ohio ban smoking I was fortunate enough to have a pool hall with the front all windows.I can go outside and smoke and still see my cues.With that being said I still dont like to be away from them so I just dont go nearly as much.I figured its quit smoking or dont go,so I just dont go.I am planing on putting a table in my house now so I dont have to worry about either. And it cheaper than paying 5.00+ an hour to smoke...:grin:

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
I keep thousands of dollars in my case pretty much all the time. If someone were to walk off with it, I'd kick Rugerfan's ass simply because he should have been watching it. I play pool with people I know and at places I know. If I'm going out for a smoke or to the restroom, I don't leave until I've told at least 2 people that I trust so they know to keep an eye on my stuff. Typically, I come back and find THEM using it!

I've had many an instance where some punk will walk up to my table and try and pick up my cue to use it. That doesn't fly and all my friends watch out for that stuff. If I'm in the pool hall by myself, bottom line, I don't leave them unattended. Period.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned. Now, you won't let that valuable tool out of your eye sight.

Rugerfan, next time I see that Black Boar lying around.... I'm taking it and saying that I was in the restroom so some idiot must have takin it. You've been warned.

Greg

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had my cue stolen about a month ago....

Either play a "cheap" cue (or at least it looks cheap!) or keep the expensive cue in eye sight AT ALL TIMES...including going out to smoke or to the restroom. The cue case under the table is a very good idea to protect IT from being stolen. When playing a match, when I'm not at the table, I place my cue holder next to where I sit.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, here's a story I have:

My first cue was a Brunswick 2 pc. that I am pretty sure is made by Joss. It was a whopping $120. I liked the cue, and I am the type of person who develops sentimental attachments to things like that (it was my first you know?) Anyway, I had upgraded to a decent Samsara and used the Brunswick as a breaker. After shooting in my local pool room one day, I realized later on (could have been the next day or something) that I didn't have my Brunswick cue anymore. I checked with the pool room and no luck. I was fairly upset, so I made up a poster on my computer that basically just said $50 reward for return of lost cue (with a description), and posted it in several locations in the pool room. After a week or 2, I was in there playing again, and the house man pulled me aside and told me to take a look at the cue some kid was using. I took a look and sure enough it was my cue, no question. So I went up to the kid, and pointed to the sign on the wall. I asked him where he got the cue. Now I am a fairly large guy, and this was a fairly small 18-20 yo kid. He said that he "found" it in the pool room, that someone must have left it. I figure the kid can't be too malicious, or else is VERY stupid to steal a cue from a room and then bring it right back to that room to play with!! Anyway, he hands me back the cue. I draw his attention to the $50 reward, and asks if I should give it to him. Maybe he's not too stupid after all, since he said "no man, that's ok". I was very polite with him, but if he had given me an ounce of crap I would have taken the cue and made his night unpleasant. I was super happy to get it back, and truly believed I would.

I know how sucky the feeling of loss is--I really hope you find your cue!!

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh, and btw, I am such a dumbass that I often do leave my cue unattended. I recently got an amazing new Andy Gilbert, and I have become a little more sensitive. I make sure someone I trust is watching it whenever I go to the bathroom. Luckily in my poolroom (Country Club USA in Chelmsford, MA), I know most of the players and they are a good bunch of guys that would look out for one another's stuff (I hope!!)

Still, I should be more careful when I play in the APA bars...

KMRUNOUT

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Think in most Pool Room you will find a few question people who would steal from you if give the chance. Best advice is to watch you own stuff, as if it get lifed you will be the one upset.

kyo1128

Risa Yoshiki is HOT also
Silver Member
I stopped by two pawn shop near the area, but no luck.
I learned my lesson, it's nobody else's mistake but my own.
It is very sad tho, when I was in school at Madison, I never had such problem with all the drunks around. I would think drunk people get five finger happy but may be someone was just scouting around. I am kind of paranoid now with other things hearing car break ins. Add salt to my wounds, I see a flyer in my apartment door from the management. Apartment complex had 4 break-ins in last two days. My apartment was safe, but I took everything out of my car.

This is my second time around with thieves. First was 10 years ago with my car stereo and pair of golf shoes.

I will continue to look and use the suggestions by everyone, but will start saving money for a new cue....

rugerfan

Got a Snakewood fetish...
Silver Member
Very funny Greg. If I catch you with your dickbeaters on my Boar...well... be sure your life insurance policy is up to date, you know, just to be on the safe side.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Stolen Mezz Cue

Sorry for your loss.
A 5-year old Mezz cue should be easy to identify so there's not many places the thief can take it, if he hasn't already sold it.

Whoever has the cue whether it is the thief or the goof that bought it has a lot of bad Karma coming their way.

I appreciate you starting this thread, thanks for the wake-up call.
It makes us all more aware of what we are doing when we go out and smoke, and I've been warned several times.

Rep to you

Peace

Ted

budonahog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stolen items

It wasn't a cue, but I was at a pool hall for a tourney on a Sunday afternoon with a couple of friends about 2 hours from home. We were warming up and then moved to a different area in the room. Left my leather jacket hanging up on the coat rack, one of my friends mentioned I should grab it, but I said it would be fine. End of day, went to grab my coat......gone, with my car keys......only set! Catch a ride with another friend, grab some tools, drill the ignition, buy another ignition, day off from work on Monday, lots of gas.....long story, short fix......watch your chit!:frown:

Good luck on finding your cues.

Hank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cameras

You should have checked if the room had video cameras.If not mabee they should invest in some,not that expensive.They are a great deterant.Hope they show up.I have marked the wood and pins with red and green permanent marker.When you get a new wrap put your name and #on it.