moori v tips

sevenblue7

Hood Cue Repairs
installed new moori v five layered tip on friends cue about a month ago and the other day it seperated between the 2nd and 3rd layers i mean it just sheared clean right off . anyone else had a problem with theses new tips:frown:

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've put on a couple and no problems so far. in all my years and many tips, i've never had a single delam, though i have seen it happen to others. not sure if they are handling the tip differently or if it's just a defect that happens now and again.

sevenblue7

Hood Cue Repairs
ya i know what you mean installed one other and no problems my first time that i've seen a delamination as well took some pictures of it will try to post in the future wierd

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
sniper tips

I have had 3 or 4 snipers delaminate .
I still like them but they are not my favorite tip any more.
MMike

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
Use a sharp razor to trip and lightly wet the tip before cutting. They delam due to heat from dull razors, sanding or burnishing. You have to keep in mind that there is glue similar to contact cement between each layer and heat will break it down. I have had the Blue Elfs glue get hot and the layers slide just sanding! Heat is a tip killer. My motto is razors are cheaper than tips so use em up.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI regarding moori V tips....i spoke to a source in Japan who told me that Moori is no longer making the V tips due to difficulty in sourcing the leathers required for this tip.