Cue extension on all break shots?

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In watching the video of Mika Immonen’s 201 ball run in this year’s DCC straight pool challenge, I noticed that he was putting an extension on his cue for many, if not all, of his break shots - whether he needed extra length or not. It certainly appeared that he was doing this in order to get more weight, not length, in his cue when playing break shots. Maybe I’m late to the party on this one, but is this “a thing”?

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not sure if this is “a thing” or not, but I did ask Mika after his run why he used the extension. He said he felt that the extra weight helped him to drive through the cue ball better.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
In watching the video of Mika Immonen’s 201 ball run in this year’s DCC straight pool challenge, I noticed that he was putting an extension on his cue for many, if not all, of his break shots - whether he needed extra length or not. It certainly appeared that he was doing this in order to get more weight, not length, in his cue when playing break shots. Maybe I’m late to the party on this one, but is this “a thing”?

you noticed that too huh....

The way i figured is that he can get more drive in the cb without having to swing harder and risk missing the shot as well.

I tried it this weekend with my extension on, and I'll be damned it worked great. Part of me feels this is cheating though..lol

-Steve

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not sure if this is “a thing” or not, but I did ask Mika after his run why he used the extension. He said he felt that the extra weight helped him to drive through the cue ball better.

Maybe it is becoming a thing - in the 260 ball Orcollo run, I saw him doing it too!