APA Unmarked Pocket Cost my Rackess, then the Match

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I confess that I don't get your point. What is it that someone was doing, that was exactly what they were supposed to be doing? I'm in the "mark the pocket, follow the rules" camp.

You criticized another poster for giving his ethical opinion, calling it "virtue signalling", when the OP ASKED for people's ethical opinions.

When you ask somebody for their opinion, and they give it, that is NOT "virtue signalling". You came across as a bit of a d!ckhead when you said that.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Of course one needs to mark the pocket.

It's APA.

What is this call the pocket you speak of?

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You criticized another poster for giving his ethical opinion, calling it "virtue signalling", when the OP ASKED for people's ethical opinions.

When you ask somebody for their opinion, and they give it, that is NOT "virtue signalling". You came across as a bit of a d!ckhead when you said that.

Re-read the first post. The OP never asked for people's "ethical opinions." The OP never asked for anything, he was just relating an experience.

Methinks you are coming across as a bit of a dickhead.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
...The OP never asked for anything, he was just relating an experience.

I believe he did.

I also believe if you want to hang out here longer than a month, you might consider lightening up a bit.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re-read the first post. The OP never asked for people's "ethical opinions." The OP never asked for anything, he was just relating an experience.

"Methinks" and "Actually" are two words that, when used on the internet, signal something quite different from virtue. :)

Racky BallBoa

Registered
I hear what you're saying, but, really, you're saying you don't like this rule so let's make another rule. Does that make sense?

What's wrong with just following the rules, as is, or changing them???

I'm ok with the APA "mark the pocket" rule, but I'm not ok with the severity of the penalty for breaking that rule,

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Tell me what he asked. I mean, quote it, from the original post.

It is inferred by the very nature of the post. He specifically accepted any and all "criticism" of the situation. Yes, the word "criticism" is specifically used in his first post.

You've never played APA, so you are completely unfamiliar with how d!ckish players can be in that league, but you are coming in here giving your high and mighty, unrelenting stance on the matter? Why are you even in this thread, again?

And by the by... YOUR stance on the marking and being rather insulting to others whose opinions differs comes a lot closer to "virtue signalling" than the guy you insulted.

It's almost like you heard the term to describe millenials, liked it so much, you've been waiting for a chance to pull it out on somebody, so you can feel superior.

Which is kinda the REAL definition of virtue signalling, lol.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is inferred by the very nature of the post. He specifically accepted any and all "criticism" of the situation. Yes, the word "criticism" is specifically used in his first post.

You've never played APA, so you are completely unfamiliar with how d!ckish players can be in that league, but you are coming in here giving your high and mighty, unrelenting stance on the matter? Why are you even in this thread, again?

And by the by... YOUR stance on the marking and being rather insulting to others whose opinions differs comes a lot closer to "virtue signalling" than the guy you insulted.

It's almost like you heard the term to describe millenials, liked it so much, you've been waiting for a chance to pull it out on somebody, so you can feel superior.

Which is kinda the REAL definition of virtue signalling, lol.
Time to switch to decaf.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s pretty ironic that a league which uses slop gets its knickers all wadded up when it comes to pocketing the most important ball.

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
It’s pretty ironic that a league which uses slop gets its knickers all wadded up when it comes to pocketing the most important ball.

I believe it's about inclusion. It helps foster beginners and lower-caliber players. And both are measures to minimize disputes.

You're not going to see lower-caliber players slopping their way to victory over better players... And in general, the better players don't slop balls in, period.

Last edited:

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always agreed with the other guys I have played to just point or verbally call the pocket.Only had one jerk in all the years decline.Marked my pockets and beat his ass like a kettle drum.Marking pockets is for bangers and I swear to God if anybody ever pulls that garbage on me I will not call my pocket the rest of the match until I “lose”.I have seen it done on matches next to me two separate times.Shows you who the crying ass worthless babies are in life.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh and the entire league sucks and mostly benefits weak players and cheats who are inning adders.

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why didn’t your teammates yell out “patch it” or “mark it”. They can

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

In my case - 3 of the games were on a team with brand new APA players including me. We were just learning the rules. The fourth one was for a new team for me (I volunteered to help them get enough players) and it was my first match playing with them. I discovered in that match that they do not really pay attention to the games. Working on this. :)

In the end it was my fault and I can only laugh about it.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah cheap lesson learned and I’m sure it now won’t happen again.Brush it off and keep working on your game.The higher the sl generally the nonsense gets less.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Virtue signaling? LMAO there is a term for everything these days.

If you are playing APA just mark your pocket....... simple! Last time I was over at the pool place on APA night folks were using all kinds of things. When I used to play with regular APA guys we always marked the pocket for 8 ball since that is what they were used to doing. I used to be in the car wash business so I always had a few car wash tokens in my pocket. Perfect unique pocket marker!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve played in acs and bca leagues where they play mark your pocket so there aren’t arguments lol No one was alowed to tell you when you forgot either like they can in Apa. Apa is a fun league.. can get old being thrown down on a lot when your 7/9 but I still have fun.