Where’s the action in Nashville Tennessee?

w9ball

My Long Lost Love
Silver Member
I’m gonna be in Nashville Tennessee for a work convention staying at the JW Marriot in Nashville for a few days in November, where is the action and where do the good players play around this area?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m gonna be in Nashville Tennessee for a work convention staying at the JW Marriot in Nashville for a few days in November, where is the action and where do the good players play around this area?

I asked a similar question a few years ago and one of the responses I got was...

They will bet what you want and win or lose, they dont care...coz you aren't leaving with it.

Proceed with caution!

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

J.O.B.S as started. You can get played there. But when country songs talk about "smoky old poolrooms"... they were talking about this place. I love it, it reminds me of a time when bars/ pool halls were supposed to be smoky.

I have seen money games going on for rotation, snooker, 1 pocket, banks... you name it..

Dozens of diamond bar boxes, 10 foot snooker table, and maybe a couple 9 footers if I remember correctly.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J.O.B.S as started. You can get played there. But when country songs talk about "smoky old poolrooms"... they were talking about this place. I love it, it reminds me of a time when bars/ pool halls were supposed to be smoky.

I have seen money games going on for rotation, snooker, 1 pocket, banks... you name it..

Dozens of diamond bar boxes, 10 foot snooker table, and maybe a couple 9 footers if I remember correctly.

Last few times I was at JOB no one would play me 1P. The last time I got played about six years ago I donated to Neil. I hate smoking and bar boxes but it’s the only room in the area.

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a Sports Bar/Pool Room on 2nd street just off of Broadway. The name escapes me but it's on the second floor, has a big circular bar where you walk in and probably 8-10 9' tables.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a Sports Bar/Pool Room on 2nd street just off of Broadway. The name escapes me but it's on the second floor, has a big circular bar where you walk in and probably 8-10 9' tables.
Buffalo's maybe? More of a bar than action spot if its the place i'm thinkin of. Is Dick'sLastResort underneath it?

Last edited:

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jtom the next time your in TN I wont gamble with you but I would play some one hole with you if I can make it to JOB or if you can run up to Clarksville, I haven't played a lot in the last 30 years but trying to get what ever game I had back. The Barber and I have known each other for about 50 years but I was never at his speed.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buffalo's maybe? More of a bar than action spot if its the place i'm thinkin of. Is Dick'sLastResort underneath it?

You’re right. That’s Buffalos. Not a place for pool players. Lots of gold crowns but the napped cloth is really old and falling apart. Most rails are bad. It’s just an industry hang out spot. They don’t care about the tables at all.
JOBs is the pool room in Nashville. Pretty much have to take it or leave it.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jtom the next time your in TN I wont gamble with you but I would play some one hole with you if I can make it to JOB or if you can run up to Clarksville, I haven't played a lot in the last 30 years but trying to get what ever game I had back. The Barber and I have known each other for about 50 years but I was never at his speed.

Not many can play Frank’s speed. Even today.

I get to Nashville once or twice a year. I’ll look you up next time

Jim

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make sure of your transportation. A group of us went to JOB three years ago. We had a difficult time getting a cab to pick us up there.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Based on a few of your posts, it seems like you have trouble getting action in several different spots.

Last few times I was at JOB no one would play me 1P. The last time I got played about six years ago I donated to Neil. I hate smoking and bar boxes but it’s the only room in the area.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member

Why do people post this kind of crap? Ego, I guess.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on a few of your posts, it seems like you have trouble getting action in several different spots.

I post the action like I see it.

At the Rack in Detroit, I have a waiting list of guys that want to play me. Same thing in Chicago at Red Shoes or Chris’s.

Indianapolis, a guy wants to play I say sure. He wins the first game I win the second. He says he’s tired and wants to meet tomorrow. I show up for a game and his tennis elbow is bothering him so he doesn’t want to play. Later a guy comes up to me and says I’m trying to get you a game but you played Godzilla yesterday and now no one wants to play you.

So do you want me to spell out all the rooms that are filled with nits and it’s tough to get any action? Like Indianapolis, Huntsville, Nashville. How about the good room cities, New Orleans, Chicago, Philadelphia, Vegas, Minneapolis.

While your running your keyboard/mouth, I’ve asked to play you several times but I see your part of the nit club.

cowboyup200560

Always lookin......
Silver Member
play

come to des moines, ill play. ill lose but ill play and then try to match you up with some of our better players. I cant stand guys who are too chicken shit to lose a few bucks to find out where they stand.

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OK Corral

While your running your keyboard/mouth, I’ve asked to play you several times but I see your part of the nit club.

Call them all out, Jim. I like that in a poolroom. Either, get up there and play, or sit down and be a sweater.

If you think you need some weight, ask for a reasonable spot so you get to play, but don't insult the other guys intelligence by asking for 10-6, when 9-7 or 9-8 would be a fair game.

Players like JTOM just want to play rather than steal or trap.

I like watching or playing friendly grudge matches.

RACK 'EM UP !:thumbup:

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply Jtom, I have my hopes up that Frank will be nominated to come out and play in January, he has my vote anyway and for kicks and giggles I am going to try my hand at some banks or one pocket. you did well in Cali this past summer and I had wanted to go to Houston but cant afford it. So If I don't get to meet you around here then maybe in January.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Nits?

You wanted to play $20 one pocket, and your attitude is garbage.

When I go looking for action, I actually look for it.
The different towns I've seen you in, you play on some table away from everything else and are Timothy Churchmouse.

Your window was 1 1/2 days and you could have easily asked the houseman for a game and someone would have played.

Oh, you left out that you didn't want to raise the bet to that guy who quit and has legit elbow issues. In fact this is the first time he has missed the Midwest Classic. So for $20 ya the pain probably didn't out weigh the problems.

Not everyone posts on forums.

At the Rack in Detroit, I have a waiting list of guys that want to play me. Same thing in Chicago at Red Shoes or Chris’s.

Indianapolis, a guy wants to play I say sure. He wins the first game I win the second. He says he’s tired and wants to meet tomorrow. I show up for a game and his tennis elbow is bothering him so he doesn’t want to play. Later a guy comes up to me and says I’m trying to get you a game but you played Godzilla yesterday and now no one wants to play you.

So do you want me to spell out all the rooms that are filled with nits and it’s tough to get any action? Like Indianapolis, Huntsville, Nashville. How about the good room cities, New Orleans, Chicago, Philadelphia, Vegas, Minneapolis.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not !!! I don't ask names , just where do you pay , days and times ? I like to play strangers and you sound like a perfect candidate sir ! I'm leaving a Motocross race in Michigan and headed to Florida for another one . What I do in between is what excites me the most ! No smart remarks just where and when . Just bet a little cash and play pool all in fun !!!