Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue & Case Gallery
Reload this Page East Coast style~4point
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
north_demon_cue
AzB Silver Member
north_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-10-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueCaps View Post

"In the past, the master completed the design by imagination and hand-painting.Therefore, the above situation often occurs.The modern master is because of the prevalence of drawing software. The equipment is better.
So it is more likely to make complex and beautiful works.
But this still requires good inspiration and luck."

Hello North Demon.
Hello guys..

In American High End Cue Designs, what we see is "Perfection,Symmerty, Balance and Ideal Proportions"..
In China, you see the Ink Brush Paintings, and, many of Landscapes, and, are done to achieve "realizim".
But, using only lines and shading, The Zen Priest Muqi, created what was refered to as "Landscapes of the Mind".

The Japanese people of those times, embraced these Impressionistic and "Abstract-like" ink Paintings from Muqi.

If you look at Iwao (Lucky) Hishinuma's Cues, Iwao-san has took the Cue Designs to the next level with Impressionistic and Abstract designs.
Another trait of Japanese Art, (or more spicificly, The Rimpa School) was the "Usage of Space".

I believe many of the cues you was refering to at the ICCS Shows, was "Theme Cues", and, Theme Cues have no rules, only that they stay consistant with the Theme of the Show..

" But this still requires good inspiration and luck"

A good example of "Luck" is Raku ware.

" It's not always possible to have nature and chance move as you would like.
When these uncontrolable forces fall into place, then you have a work of art" - Shuichi Kato
Hi,
The example you gave is very good.
But I want to explain one thing. I mention iccs just because it is the place where you can see the most cues.
Every cuemaker wants to complete Top Custom Cues.But this is always limited by the times.Materials, techniques, equipment, aesthetics.The top works of the 1980s, from the current point of view, may only feel very ordinary.The times have been improving and there will always be better works.
I just want to express that even if the current cuemaker has better conditions to make a more perfect work, it still requires inspiration and luck.
I feel that if I can finish a few satisfactory works in my life, I feel satisfied.

North Demon Cues
I live in north China.
I have no website.
If you have any questions.
Welcome everyone to use mail contact me.

mail : 349874515@qq.com

Last edited by north_demon_cue; 07-10-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Asian Art
Old
  (#17)
CueCaps
AzB Silver Member
CueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond reputeCueCaps has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

Asian Art - 07-10-2019, 09:41 PM

1st.. What is your name?

Mr. Demon,

I always thought, when Asia starts to make Custom Cues,
The Art on Cues would reflect the Eastern Philosophy.
Breaking away from The Ideal.

Japanese Kimonos , is/are, an amazing account for these endless themes and variations. One is not held by the laws that we see as Western's Orderly mannor.
Traditional Japanese Arts tend show the artist's inner feelings.
As the times changed throughout history, Traditional Japanese Artist kept their beliefs and inner feelings, " and expressed what we see as " Hearts turned to Nature"..

https://cz.pinterest.com/pin/464293042815345152

Old
  (#18)
north_demon_cue
AzB Silver Member
north_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond reputenorth_demon_cue has a reputation beyond repute

07-10-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CueCaps View Post
1st.. What is your name?

Mr. Demon,

I always thought, when Asia starts to make Custom Cues,
The Art on Cues would reflect the Eastern Philosophy.
Breaking away from The Ideal.

Japanese Kimonos , is/are, an amazing account for these endless themes and variations. One is not held by the laws that we see as Western's Orderly mannor.
Traditional Japanese Arts tend show the artist's inner feelings.
As the times changed throughout history, Traditional Japanese Artist kept their beliefs and inner feelings, " and expressed what we see as " Hearts turned to Nature"..

https://cz.pinterest.com/pin/464293042815345152
Hi,
My name is Cheng Yong.The north demon is my brand name.The origin is that I live in the north of China.
I don't just want to make Eastern Philosophy works, I want to make various types.
Everyone has different ideas. I like to do all kinds of works. Some people like to strengthen the brand impression. So always do close works. This is different for everyone's purpose, so choose a different approach.
It’s always boring for me to always do similar works.
I always want to make various attempts within the allowable range.
But the size of the cue is limited. There will always be a limit to the various creative ideas.The development of custom cues has been more than half a century.Many of the ideas may be done somewhere, and you don't know.So there will always be repetitions.
Eastern Philosophy is a vague concept.There are dozens of countries in Asia.There are various cultural backgrounds.It's hard to show it on a cue.Usually only a part of it can be shown.And I don't want to be fixed to a certain style.
Japan and China are two very different countries.I am not very familiar with Japanese culture.
If I receive such an order, I will try it.
But I will not take the initiative to do it. Because time is always not enough.

North Demon Cues
I live in north China.
I have no website.

Last edited by north_demon_cue; 07-10-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Old
  (#19)
Mkbtank
AzB Silver Member
Mkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-11-2019, 02:31 AM

Beautiful cue! Thank you for sharing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory in DC View Post

I'm afraid that you're too laid back for my online enemy. You'll have to get a lot jerkier or I'll have to keep looking elsewhere.

Old
  (#20)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

07-11-2019, 09:10 AM

How much money is a cue like this in American dollars?

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#21)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

07-12-2019, 11:15 PM

i have always bought cues from the main or best cue makers people that i actually met when i was younger,part of the fun was knowing the cue makers

i don't claim to know much about cues technically,but these Demon cues seem to be super high quality work to me

they remind me of Mottey designs but have a certain Billy Stroud perfection through technology

I think you have a certain talent that I admire
thank you for showing your wonderful work,
I hope to see more,

East Coast style is a perfect description,your choice hits the nail on the head,

Am I wrong in assuming this is the very best of the cue makers out of the united states?

Last edited by deanoc; 07-12-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Old
  (#22)
bstroud
AzB Silver Member
bstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond repute

07-13-2019, 05:13 AM

Cheng Yong,

Very nice work. You are correct about the design coming from the 1990's.
It is very reminiscent of one of my designs from that time. Especially the ring work.

Keep up the good work but don't get stuck in the Past.

Just like you I learned from the past but then found more excitement in exploring the Future.

Bill Stroud

Old
  (#23)
north_demon_cue
AzB Silver Member

07-13-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
i have always bought cues from the main or best cue makers people that i actually met when i was younger,part of the fun was knowing the cue makers

i don't claim to know much about cues technically,but these Demon cues seem to be super high quality work to me

they remind me of Mottey designs but have a certain Billy Stroud perfection through technology

I think you have a certain talent that I admire
thank you for showing your wonderful work,
I hope to see more,

East Coast style is a perfect description,your choice hits the nail on the head,

Am I wrong in assuming this is the very best of the cue makers out of the united states?
Hi,
Thank you for your compliment.
But even in the United States, I am confident that I am one of the best cue makers of craftsmanship.
I think that between the best cue makers, the level of craftsmanship is not much different.
The final gap is in design and marketing.There is only a small gap in the technology produced.
There is no best cue, only the most suitable.
There is no best cue maker, only the favorite.

North Demon Cues
I live in north China.
I have no website.

Last edited by north_demon_cue; 07-13-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Old
  (#24)
north_demon_cue
AzB Silver Member

07-13-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstroud View Post
Cheng Yong,

Very nice work. You are correct about the design coming from the 1990's.
It is very reminiscent of one of my designs from that time. Especially the ring work.

Keep up the good work but don't get stuck in the Past.

Just like you I learned from the past but then found more excitement in exploring the Future.

Bill Stroud
Hi,Bill
Thank you very much for your encouragement.
I will work hard to innovate. Innovation is very interesting.
But many classic designs still make people like it.
This is the intangible asset left by seniors.
Let us be a lot more convenient.
thanksgiving.

Cheng Yong

North Demon Cues
I live in north China.
I have no website.

Old
  (#25)
bstroud
AzB Silver Member
bstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond repute

07-13-2019, 12:22 PM

Cheng Yong,

I am interested in how you became a cue maker.

For me in the USA I had no one to teach me and so had to learn everything by
trial and error (making mistake and doing again).

Because I was so determined it did not take long to become proficient. My search for perfection led me to the first CNC work on cues. If I was still making cues I would be looking at 3-D printing as the next step.

Did you have any experience with cue factories in China? Ernie Chen had a factory in North China. Taican in Southern China? I worked with Taican many years to improve their products.

The Theme cues you refer to were created because I had an idea for the ICCS that would make cuemakers leave their comfort zone and create something completely new to them. It made me do it also.

There will always be a place for traditional looking cues but they will not be the cues that people talk about in the Future.

Let me know if I can help you in any way in your quest for perfection. If I can I will.

Bill Stroud

Old
  (#26)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

07-13-2019, 01:18 PM

That is a beautiful cue and superb workmanship.

I would like to see you post more of your work.

I would like to know what you would charge to make a cue similar to that one.

I think the forum rules forbid people to post prices in the public arena, so you can send me a Private Message (PM) if you'd like.

Old
  (#27)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

07-13-2019, 04:03 PM

The rings remind me of Ariel C’s design style.
You can post anything in the Main Forum (open).

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (9-6-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon '85 Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#28)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

07-13-2019, 08:06 PM

I meant no comparison to your work with the great american cue makers

I only meant as far as i could tell your work was the best of any non american cue makers

having never seen one in my hands

you received a big compliment from one of the greatest cue makers of all time,Billy Stroud.

If any one can recognize good work it would be Billy

My compliment was merely recognizing your work as the best I had seen from
anywhere other than the USA

I meant nothing more or less,i think this one is beautiful,i like the old school
and I really like this cue

Billy is probably giving you good advice,but old guys like me do still like the old stuff also

Best wishes which ever way you go

Dean

Old
  (#29)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute

07-13-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
The rings remind me of Ariel C’s design style.
You can post anything in the Main Forum (open).
The rings were Bill Stoud's "design style" around 20 years + earlier.. Ariel, among many others copied Bill.

Design is a fingerprint of the mind....

Old
  (#30)
ThinSlice
AzB Silver Member
ThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond repute

07-13-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins View Post
The rings were Bill Stoud's "design style" around 20 years + earlier.. Ariel, among many others copied Bill.

Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: