cleaned my shaft with baby wipes

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most baby wipes do have an oily substance in them.

Oil doesn't evaporate or dry. Oil will attract dirt. Something which attracts dirt will require that you clean your shaft more often.

I'm with ghosty here--wash your hands, dry them on a paper towel and use the moist paper towel (not soaked) to buff the shaft.

I hate the feel of any cleaners or waxes on my shafts.

dld

Same here. I use the paper towel I used to dry my hands. It's just wet enough without soaking the wood.

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
I don't always clean my shaft but when I do I use tequila from a dirty shot glass and wipe it clean with one of the dozens of napkins with girls phone numbers I get on a nightly basis.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:grin:
you can just as well keep your hands clean.

take a barely damp cloth/paper towel and buff the shaft, then buff it with a dry one.

Worked for the old timers, works great for me. You don't have to buy anything and it just helps to keep that shaft sealed.......a good shaft will only get better doing this.

And its free of charge.

Absolutely, I tell all my customers this! The paper towels that you dry your hands with are slightly damp and perfect for cleaning the oils and chalk from your cue. Build up a little heat and buff/burnish it out nicely. The only concern would be if your shaft hasn't been sealed properly. You can raise the grain on a shaft that isn't sealed. Glad the wipes worked! Always more than one way to skin a cat. :grin:

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
GG,

First, i saw your videos on YouTube with forcefollow, gray
stuff!

Anyway, so when you go too the Pool hall you just wet a towel in the sink? And you said this will actually improve the shaft?

-A.

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

Thanks for the compliment.....maybe gray was a typo but I LIKE IT LOL!

Yea I'll wash my hands and actually the paper towel i use to dry my hands is the one that i use to buff the shaft, then a new dry paper towel....buff till how and bada bing bada boom.

Like palmetto said tho if your shafts not sealed it could somewhat raise the grain but then I would just burnish it with a piece of leather (your wallet, your belt doesn't matter leather works great for this)

What happens is the heat and the damp rag help break down the old oils and chalk and grime. You will see it all come off on the paper towel. It does not completely strip all of the oils so it helps to keep the shaft sealed very well. Its the same basic idea that Miz talked about when using the lighter fluid.

best wishes,
Grey Ghost

bearsafety

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am surprised to see how many of you say its cool to use them. I have an eleven month old and my hands are far from dry after touching a baby wipe. Maybe its the brand im using.. but I wouldnt ever want my shafts to get that moist let alone have any of those chemicals applied to it.