JOB in Nashville. Still the place to go?

CElliottH18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
H-cues upstairs pool room on 21st is probably a little closer to you than JOB. Four well kept 8-ft steepletons. Simonis cloth. Beer only. My home away from home.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
H-cues upstairs pool room on 21st is probably a little closer to you than JOB. Four well kept 8-ft steepletons. Simonis cloth. Beer only. My home away from home.

Thanks. Last day. Haven't hit a ball yet.
Drank a bunch. First time here. Great time!
Eclipse was awesome. You probably saw that too.
Will definitely be back.
Staying across the street from Patterson House.
Going to try that place tonight.
Patterson House was cool. $$
Eclipse was definitely more like a little after sunset.
Looking around at the horizon was cool. Clouds still reflecting some light.
A few Stars / Planets coming into view was cool too.
We kept hearing locusts / cicada? No crickets.
Wish it was longer. We drove North of Nashville to get close to the longest duration line.
Some from years past have been over twice as long.
2024 is closer for me.:smile:

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Eclipse was awesome. You probably saw that too.

I know that Nashville was in the small band of area that got a 100% full eclipse (the only major city that fell within this band). Did it get as dark as a regular middle of the night? If so, was it more like a night with a full moon, or a more like a super dark moonless night? Did you notice the birds and other animals changing behavior as it got dark? That would have been really cool to experience in an area like you were that got a full eclipse.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I know that Nashville was in the small band of area that got a 100% full eclipse (the only major city that fell within this band). Did it get as dark as a regular middle of the night? If so, was it more like a night with a full moon, or a more like a super dark moonless night? Did you notice the birds and other animals changing behavior as it got dark? That would have been really cool to experience in an area like you were that got a full eclipse.

It got dark, but not black. It was more like dusk, right before dark, but different still. I took a video of my lawn at full eclipse. It had ripples waving across it that looked like water. Reminded me of aurora borealis but faint. I have never seen anything like it. All I can surmise is that it was the sun's burning flicker like from a candle. It got noticeably cooler, went from 91 down to upper mid 80's for a few minutes. Out west I heard of 20 degree drops. My 11yr old had a ball.

As for animals, our cat who usually stays in the shade went out into the middle of the yard to roll around & stretch in the grass. Roosters from the neighbor farm were crowing like they do at 5am. It was an altogether weird, cool experience.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Have to echo qbuilders excellent comments. Yes more like dusk and you could see some of the brighter stars. The corona of the sun can only be seen st eclipse and does shimmer. When the moon moves past full eclipse and you get wats called the diamond ring it was awesome. I was in Sweetwater tn for the event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never had a problem at JOB's. Tables always in good shape and treated well even though I'm a out of towner. Don't be naive. If you think substances aren't at every pool room and bar you are fooling yourself.