Tiger Vs. Mezz

sullivtr

Registered
Anyone have an opinion? I don't know anyone who has used tiger cues. Or even the ultra x non-LD shaft. Does no one use them? How about a Mezz comparison. I am in the market.
Thanks,

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure about their cues but I do have a Tiger X Pro shaft that is excellent, probably the best feeling LD shaft I've played with.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most obvoius difference is that Tiger shafts are laminated, Mezz shafts are not.
Both are quality brands, it's a prefrence thing.
I do like the Mezz extension better than the Tiger extension

sullivtr

Registered
Thank you for the responses. I just ordered a custom William Doniniak cue. Based on extensive reviews, he seems to build a cue that suits my playability preferences, and style.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the responses. I just ordered a custom William Doniniak cue. Based on extensive reviews, he seems to build a cue that suits my playability preferences, and style.

Dominak worked for predator I actualy have one of his sticks that's a quarter sawed butt that I believe he had to stop making , predator came out with the exact same cue the next yr for over triple the price ,, good bang for the buck

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a tiger dealer and use and sell tiger shafts and cues all the time (locally).
they are made in the USA and are very high quality. Myself, I play with the X Ultra LD and on occasion the Ultra (Which is closer to the play of a good maple shaft).

I cannot compare them to a MEZZ.... but they stand up to lots of other cues in Quality and Hit and Warranty.

Let me know if I can answer more questions.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
california vs japan

I've had both cues/shafts, tiger is a good product but I like mezz better, I've tried every shaft and I still cant find anything that feels as good as mezz shafts to me.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Manny Chau, a pro who lives here in Texas is sponsored by Tiger, he prefers Tiger over predator. Compared to my 314-3 shaft the Ultra LD has a little more squirt but it feels very solid, the only thing that stands out that might bother some people is that it has a very audible ping sound. Now, the only two Mezz Shafts I'd play with are the Hybrid Pro II (I guess 3 because of the EX Pro) or WX900. If you can play with a conical taper at 12 MM and want less squirt than almost anything save the laminated 11.75 shafts, the the WX900 is the best shaft for the money, feel, or anything else PERIOD. The HP II is the only shaft I have played with that is solid at 12.5 mm and has close to the same deflection properties as a 314-3. Its also a lot more expensive.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Tiger's shafts do not have hollowed ends. In fact their ferrules are heavier and harder .
Mezz has hollowed end shafts.
Tiger hits harder but with more cue ball squirt .

MalibuMike

Banned
I don't know which Tiger Shaft you are talking about..

But I have a Tiger Pro-X and a Mezz Hybrid Pro II, the mezz has twice the squirt! And hollowness is not a good thing, as is apparent from your post.
J/K! Tiger has never had hollow shafts that's why they hit so good. That's why OB quit hollowing their shafts, the whole hollow shaft deal is over! It's about radial consistence and a light front end. Tiger has both! At least the Pro- X.

I have tried all the shafts out there and I came upon Tiger 3 years ago, and nothing comes close!
Now when it comes to break shafts yeah, I use a Mezz Deep Impact Pro (Ash) and all my cues are Schons. Just cause people keep saying I'm a mole for Tiger!
Next to the Tiger Pro-X, I would put the Jacoby Edge before Mezz as well. As far as "Hollow cues" the only decent one I have is a BD360/2 but I think its his high quality would that does it.

Attachments

• 20150425_172032.jpg
    20150425_172032.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,438
  • 20150523_134027.jpg
    20150523_134027.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,444
  • 20141202_225704.jpg
    20141202_225704.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,426

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 months ago I was in market for a shaft to replace my Z2, because I want a thicker shaft. I found a seller with a Tiger Ultra X shaft and a Mezz Alpha Hybrid. I tried both shafts for almost 2 hours, and I choose the Tiger Ultra X, IMO it has a more natural feeling than Mezz shaft.
Both shafts are made very good, top quality.
I'll recommend everybody to try Tiger cues and shafts, if they are looking for good quality and play ability.

MalibuMike

Banned
The NEW Tiger Pro-X and a Mezz ExPro are both Amazing!

The NEW Tiger Pro-X and a Mezz ExPro are both Amazing!
Also the New Jacoby Ultra-Pro is Awesome as well!
They are my top 3 shafts! And I have tried many Shafts......

Attachments

• Shaft4.jpg
    Shaft4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 608
  • shaft1.jpg
    shaft1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 603
  • user71166_pic15551_1436387875.jpg
    user71166_pic15551_1436387875.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 605
  • user71166_pic15552_1436387875.jpg
    user71166_pic15552_1436387875.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 578
  • sch.jpg
    sch.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 652

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone have an opinion? I don't know anyone who has used tiger cues. Or even the ultra x non-LD shaft. Does no one use them? How about a Mezz comparison. I am in the market.
Thanks,

I had a Mezz "sneaky." Very impressive cue. I regret selling it.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Manny Chau, a pro who lives here in Texas is sponsored by Tiger, he prefers Tiger over predator. Compared to my 314-3 shaft the Ultra LD has a little more squirt but it feels very solid, the only thing that stands out that might bother some people is that it has a very audible ping sound. Now, the only two Mezz Shafts I'd play with are the Hybrid Pro II (I guess 3 because of the EX Pro) or WX900. If you can play with a conical taper at 12 MM and want less squirt than almost anything save the laminated 11.75 shafts, the the WX900 is the best shaft for the money, feel, or anything else PERIOD. The HP II is the only shaft I have played with that is solid at 12.5 mm and has close to the same deflection properties as a 314-3. Its also a lot more expensive.
Hmmm, I don't imagine Manny would have that sponsorship long if he said differently! lol

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried a lot of Shafts. Tiger, Predator, OB and Mezz. I am really loving my Ex Pro. It seems to suit my game better than the others.