Wes Burden

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do. Wes has covered three tables and moved two for me. His work is top notch, I’ve never had a problem. He is a pro.
If you need a great table mechanic, he is a fantastic choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bbb

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
He recovered my table at least once when I lived in Lakeland, and also loaded my Diamond on a Diamond cart and secured it in the van for my wife when she moved our household goods to Colorado.. He's a good dude.....

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top notch and a great guy. He's doing most of the pool rooms around Tampa. was watching him work the other day

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He had to correct problems from a different mechanic on my gold crown several years ago
Did a great job and was a nice guy

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
Does anybody have any professional industry experiences with Wes Burden?

I do.

Back in 2011, I got laid off and had to move out of my apartment. I made an appointment with Wes, a month in advance with him to move my Diamond ProAm into storage. I had to give 30 days notice to terminate my lease. Moving day came and I was all moved out except for the table and Wes did not show up and would not answer his phone. I was left standing there in an empty apartment with a ProAm in the living room and no way to move it and no one to call. It is a one piece slate. It doesn't break down into parts. It requires a special cart to move it. Regular pool table mechanics can't do it because they don't have a cart. Furniture movers won't touch it. I had terminated the lease and was going to have to pay penalty fees for every day that table remained. Lost my job and my home and now this on top of it all. I was royally screwed.

I called Brian Miller at Diamond and told him what Wes had done and asked if there was anyone else in Florida that had a cart that I could maybe rent. He put me in touch with another dealer, Linda Hull I believe, who said I could use the cart if I can come get it. So, I rented a truck and drove to BFE Florida to pick up the cart.

In the meantime, I had listed the table for sale here on AZ and a member here wybrook, bought it. We used the cart I borrowed to move it to his location. Would up costing me hundreds in penalty fees plus the truck rental. Not to mention a lifetime supply of hard feelings.

And to top it off. That #$^#@^ called me 3 weeks later wanting to know if I still needed the table moved. :angry::angry::angry:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do.

Back in 2011, I got laid off and had to move out of my apartment. I made an appointment with Wes, a month in advance with him to move my Diamond ProAm into storage. I had to give 30 days notice to terminate my lease. Moving day came and I was all moved out except for the table and Wes did not show up and would not answer his phone. I was left standing there in an empty apartment with a ProAm in the living room and no way to move it and no one to call. It is a one piece slate. It doesn't break down into parts. It requires a special cart to move it. Regular pool table mechanics can't do it because they don't have a cart. Furniture movers won't touch it. I had terminated the lease and was going to have to pay penalty fees for every day that table remained. Lost my job and my home and now this on top of it all. I was royally screwed.

I called Brian Miller at Diamond and told him what Wes had done and asked if there was anyone else in Florida that had a cart that I could maybe rent. He put me in touch with another dealer, Linda Hull I believe, who said I could use the cart if I can come get it. So, I rented a truck and drove to BFE Florida to pick up the cart.

In the meantime, I had listed the table for sale here on AZ and a member here wybrook, bought it. We used the cart I borrowed to move it to his location. Would up costing me hundreds in penalty fees plus the truck rental. Not to mention a lifetime supply of hard feelings.

And to top it off. That #$^#@^ called me 3 weeks later wanting to know if I still needed the table moved. :angry::angry::angry:

Damn, when it rains, it pours.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I do.

Man...... Sorry you had such a rough time. Not excusing the no-show, but in my particular case, the table was being moved from Florida to Colorado, so I contacted Diamond directly and got them to drop off a cart for a fee, and they swung back through Colorado to pick it up some months later.

Did you ever get an explanation from Wes as to what happened?

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wes burden

I met Wes around 2003??

Diamond and Gabriels were representing each other. Wes was a factory trained Gabriels mechanic. Their 3cushion billiard tables are tough snd tricky. He did awesome job on several occasions, including the BCA nationals.

He’s one if the best especially in Florida.

Mark Griffin

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Another Wes Burden review in case anyone does a search...

Wes just moved my table to a new home and replaced my old bumpers as part of the project. HE DOES FANTASTIC WORK!!!! My Axiom table plays two solid letter grades better than it did before and much more in line with how the Diamonds, GCs and Robertson tables play at Stroker's down the street. Wes does their tables as well... :)

I am confident that ChopStick's experience with Wes' no-show was an anomaly. Wes is a good communicator, a professional, and a walking encyclopedia of pool table information. He was on time, communicative, and did what he said he was going to do.

We are all human and sometimes things fall through cracks.

I feel lucky to live in Wes' region and as long as I have access to him, he will be the only mechanic I will call for work on my table moving forward.