One pocket rules

cigarmikl

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I am negative one on the table. It is my turn and I make a ball do I spot the ball before I continue shooting or do I wait until I am finished with my run?

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since that's been answered, what do you think of intentionals costing 2 or more? Might be a good way to match up too.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The relevant passage from the rules on OnePocket.org (see post #4 above):

9.2 Any penalty balls owed by the shooter, or balls pocketed in a neutral pocket, are to be spotted at the end of the shooter’s inning. However, if a player runs off all the balls on the table without reaching a winning score, then all such balls are spotted immediately (all at once, not one ball at a time), and the shooter continues their inning. At no other time in One Pocket are balls spotted during any shooter’s ongoing inning.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting - I assume you mean for one player but not the other (a spot).

Have you tried it?

pj
chgo

Nope. I play one hole once in a psychedelic moon and I usually have to show 'em how. It's those games where the guy is getting 15 to 3 and (insert favorite Filipino here) takes 10 more intentionals to win; really annoy me.

To avoid that heads up, I try to make all fouls ball in hand. I'm a shooter.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Since that's been answered, what do you think of intentionals costing 2 or more? Might be a good way to match up too.

Maybe if you agreed to that before the match or something... I don't see it becoming an actual rule though. It wouldn't necessarily be beneficial to either person though, seeing as how it would be enforce on both players, unless agreed upon before the start of the game. :cool:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe if you agreed to that before the match or something... I don't see it becoming an actual rule though. It wouldn't necessarily be beneficial to either person though, seeing as how it would be enforce on both players, unless agreed upon before the start of the game. :cool:

In terms making it a standard rule, I think it might improve the quality of play. Players would have the choice of playing an actual shot, defensive or otherwise, or having the offense to overcome a minimum of double the point deficit.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am negative one on the table. It is my turn and I make a ball do I spot the ball before I continue shooting or do I wait until I am finished with my run?
Balls are spotted at the end of an inning. If you finish an inning and forget to spot something they would spot after opponent finishes his next turn.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Balls are spotted at the end of an inning. If you finish an inning and forget to spot something they would spot after opponent finishes his next turn.
Here is the rule from 1P.org:

9.4 If any owed balls, or balls that have fallen into a neutral pocket are forgotten and later remembered, then instead of being spotted after the current shooter’s inning, they are spotted after the end of the next player’s inning, unless there are no balls left on the table, in which case they are all spotted immediately. In any case, any owed balls are not forgiven, but still must be paid.

(In practice, forgotten balls may be spotted at any time after they are remembered, as long as both players agree on the timing; if either player objects to an earlier spotting, then rule 9.4 should be followed.)

Some people play that both players must have a full inning after the ball is remembered.