Free pool/billiard library online

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Internet Archive, which is best known for having snapshots of every web page in the internet going back 20+ years, has put up "The National Emergency Library". You can go to the site and "check out" over a million books. Among other pool books available are instructionals by Byrne, Capelle, Mosconi, and Mizerak plus "Playing Off the Rail", and "Running the Table" (Kid Delicious).

https://archive.org/details/nationalemergencylibrary/?iax=ntlemrlib|ctalnk

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this just temporary due to the virus? How did they get around the copyright for everything?

Edit, I'm reading the about us on their website now.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The Internet Archive, which is best known for having snapshots of every web page in the internet going back 20+ years, has put up "The National Emergency Library". You can go to the site and "check out" over a million books. Among other pool books available are instructionals by Byrne, Capelle, Mosconi, and Mizerak plus "Playing Off the Rail", and "Running the Table" (Kid Delicious).

https://archive.org/details/nationalemergencylibrary/?iax=ntlemrlib|ctalnk
How do you filter for pool/billiards related titles?

pj
chgo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How do you filter for pool/billiards related titles?

pj
chgo

I just put "billiard" or "billiards" into the search box. Also, some filters are available (somehow) but I didn't find them too useful. You can also search for specific authors.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I just put "billiard" or "billiards" into the search box. Also, some filters are available (somehow) but I didn't find them too useful. You can also search for specific authors.
lol

I looked all over for a search box but couldn't find it. Of course, as soon as you said so it leaped out at me.

Doh! And thanks!

pj
chgo

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice

Thank you sir ...... I checked out the Kid Delicious book and will read it.....

Wish they had Rags to Rifleman too....lol

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Bob.

I just read "Playing Off The Rail" since you posted.

That was an entertaining book that brought up the names and stories of a lot of the old school players.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Bob.

I just read "Playing Off The Rail" since you posted.

That was an entertaining book that brought up the names and stories of a lot of the old school players.
It was a good read. I was a little distracted by knowing many of the West Coast players mentioned, including Tony. I would have described many of them differently, but it was McCumber's story to tell.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to get to my computer to issue Bob a greenie, my phone can't do it. This is just another in a long list of help Bob's done over the years. I have photo copies up the wazoo of drills and helpful hints. Thanks Bob.