Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale > For Sale Items
Reload this Page ZAN Pool Cue Tips Inquiry! Taking the "Cloak of Mystery" off of the ZAN cue tips!

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
ZAN Pool Cue Tips Inquiry! Taking the "Cloak of Mystery" off of the ZAN cue tips!
Old
  (#1)
MotorCityCue
Motor City cue
MotorCityCue has a reputation beyond reputeMotorCityCue has a reputation beyond reputeMotorCityCue has a reputation beyond reputeMotorCityCue has a reputation beyond reputeMotorCityCue has a reputation beyond reputeMotorCityCue has a reputation beyond reputeMotorCityCue has a reputation beyond reputeMotorCityCue has a reputation beyond reputeMotorCityCue has a reputation beyond reputeMotorCityCue has a reputation beyond reputeMotorCityCue has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

ZAN Pool Cue Tips Inquiry! Taking the "Cloak of Mystery" off of the ZAN cue tips! - 04-12-2020, 08:43 AM

I'm looking to get some accurate info from some of my fellow AZers. Can anyone that is really familiar with the Zan Brand cue tips tell me what the differences are between the different types I see out there. Some have a gold logo, some have silver logos with 2 stripes on the perimeter and then I see some "Premier" models that have a silver checkerboard design on the perimeter.

I also see that one of our fellow gold member AZer's with a high rating is selling the newer Premier models at a good price. They come from Taiwan. Has anyone bought these from him? And if so, can you tell me your experience with the Premium Soft and Hybrid Max models. I'm thinking of getting a few for some new cues my friend is building but I have never shot with them. I usually shoot with Kamui black soft and medium. Thanks in advance!

Playing Cues: Pancerny Custom, Schon
Break/Jump Cues: Dick Lanz (Ash), Andy Gilbert (Cocobolo)
Cue Case: Gil Castillo Cognac Lizard (3x6)

Old
  (#2)
BigBoof
AzB Silver Member
BigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond repute

04-12-2020, 08:52 AM

And I saw a tease of a new premium zan called ďBOOSTĒ coming soon. Any info would be appreciated.

There was a thread by ChrisInNC (sp?) who tried the three premium tips. I donít recall him updating his thoughts but initially, he didnít see much difference among them.

Iíve only tried the Hybrid Max, but a bad install meant it didnít get a great test. I did like it but my shaft got a rattle so it was cut prematurely to figure out the problem. Iíll definitely try it again someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#3)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

04-12-2020, 09:39 AM

I have used the Premier Zan Grip Hard Hard and the Zan Hybrid Max. Of the two I prefer the Grip hard. The Hybrid tip was a bit to soft for my tastes.

I have never tried the 'Non-Premier" versions of the tips so I really cannot comment on them.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Tips
Old
  (#4)
winners07
AzB Silver Member
winners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond reputewinners07 has a reputation beyond repute

Tips - 04-12-2020, 09:47 AM

Stay with the Kamui's Best tip on the market today, Yes i use to love the Morri but they are not the same, Ive tried hundreds of tips some ok some not and there are a few out there that play good but nothing as good as the Kamui that i know of, but just my opinion, thanks

Old
  (#5)
quiet eyes
AzB Bronze Member
quiet eyes is on a distinguished road

04-22-2020, 11:32 AM

I am also interested in ZAN premium reviews. Also information on the coming ZAN Boost tip is highly appreciated.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: