Griffin cue help please

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need the joint diameter and pilot depth and diameter for a Griffin shaft. I am making a shaft for a guy that lives out of state. He has a Griffin Chinese made cue that Cuestix sells and he doesn’t have a way to measure it. I told him that I could just measure a buddy of mine’s but he sold the damn cue. I called Cuestix and no one is working. It has a 5/16x18 piloted shaft and is more than likely .840” or .845” but I want to make it right.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
get the butt or dont do the job. you will end up with an unhappy camper on here saying how bad your work is.

besides so many places have calipers to measure it and he obviously doesnt want to put in any effort.

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s what I’m going to do, if I can’t find anyone that has one. I’m sure they are all the same. It wouldn’t be that hard to find someone with a micrometer that could measure it.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
get the butt or dont do the job. you will end up with an unhappy camper on here saying how bad your work is.

besides so many places have calipers to measure it and he obviously doesnt want to put in any effort.

Best advice I might have ever read on here.

Plus on these cheap cues the pilot hole and pin is sometimes off from one cue to the next. You can have three of the exact same model cue and none of the shafts can be interchanged without a huge lip sticking out on the joint collar on one side of the shaft.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell the guy to go to Harbor Freight and spend $10 for a digital caliper! That will give him accurate measurements for you! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

I need the joint diameter and pilot depth and diameter for a Griffin shaft. I am making a shaft for a guy that lives out of state. He has a Griffin Chinese made cue that Cuestix sells and he doesn’t have a way to measure it. I told him that I could just measure a buddy of mine’s but he sold the damn cue. I called Cuestix and no one is working. It has a 5/16x18 piloted shaft and is more than likely .840” or .845” but I want to make it right.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy lives out in the middle of BFE Iowa. I hooked him up with a machinist in the area that measured it for him. Thanks for all the help! :)