Touch up

kiinstructor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone, I could use some opinions on touching up a cue. Completely refinished a cue of mine and after buffing noticed a small ( less than a mm) spot on the joint that was blunt. I can't print the words I said,,,,,, not good. I'm sure I'm screwed but does anyone have any semi quick fixs for this spot? I was thinking cyronacrylate possibly. But. What kind. I need something to dry quickly and be able to polish and blend. I'm sure someone been in this boat. I do appreciate any advise and thanks.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I have done some fixes with CA but on the joint ..... if it is white... probably not

Kim

seahorse1877

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fingernail polish can work if you put just a little on and blend it. Could mess up a lot more but I've seen it done.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Thin CA can be used to fix and blend in almost any marred finish if you know how to do it.

It just takes time, patience and the right touch pressure during the wet sanding before buffing out.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
If you refinished the cue, do the repair with the same type of finish.
Auto-clear, UV, epoxy and CA all have a different level of gloss.
If you do the repair with something other than what is already on there,
you will likely see the repair.

KJ

KJListman

Mostly Junk, Like My Game
Just watched a YouTube video that could be your solution. Search for "superglue and baking soda" , then follow up with the linked guitar repair videos there, I think your answer is there, musical instrument repair is more critical IMHO tolerance wise.