WTB 015 aluminum rings

kiinstructor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a bunch of Aliminum joint and butt rings from a guy who bought out most of the Mali stock. Came out to like 10 cents a piece. Anyway getting pretty low and need some. For the joint I would like .625 id or close if possible. and .750 for the butt. Anyone have a bunch they could spare or dont use Id appreciate it. Thanks. Not expecting those prices didnt want to imply that.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can make your own from sheet stock of the thickness you want. That way you can make any id and any od to suite. You will need to make a couple simple fixtures. The easy way is a plate with 3 or 4 tapped holes, even a suitable face plate will suffice. Then a top plate or clamp plate. Drill and bore to suite inside diameter. Then put those pieces onto a mandrel with an end cap, and then turn the od to suite.
I recommend that you get the sheet stock flat before making the squares. I use roll stock and bend it backwards a little to flatten it out when I make thin head shims for my model engines. This process works really well with Ali, brass, and Stainless shims. I like to make the 0.001 inch shims from stainless as they are then less fragile.