Turning Stone Classic XXX

skook25

Registered
One of the biggest and best tournaments at least on the East Coast starting on Thursday with a unique field. You have the legends coming out like Hopkins , Loree Jon Hasson , Corr , Archer and Strickland mixed with some of the best in the world right now Shane, Billy Thorpe and Shaw just to name a few. But what I like are the strong regional players that make up the majority of the players list that want to make a statement and show that they belong.

Just days away guys let's hear some predictions out there on not only who walks away with the hardware but who you feel might be a big surprise

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
On a side note, Brickhouse billiards opened in place of the old salt city billiards(same building, rebuilt) nice place, food, alcohol, etc.
8 - 9 ft blue label
And I believe 8 diamond 7ft.

Will definitely be the place I play I Syracuse.
Jason.

Shaw for the win!

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a side note, Brickhouse billiards opened in place of the old salt city billiards(same building, rebuilt) nice place, food, alcohol, etc.

8 - 9 ft blue label

Jason.

Shaw for the win!

I practiced at that place the night before the last Turning Stone. It was great. Tables were ideal for TS practice. They have a tourney at the new salt city as well I believe.

I'll be out there again, I'm playing. Finished 1 out of the cash my last 2 times. Hope to cash this time!

KMRUNOUT (Kerry McAuliffe)

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
One of the biggest and best tournaments at least on the East Coast starting on Thursday with a unique field. You have the legends coming out like Hopkins , Loree Jon Hasson , Corr , Archer and Strickland mixed with some of the best in the world right now Shane, Billy Thorpe and Shaw just to name a few. But what I like are the strong regional players that make up the majority of the players list that want to make a statement and show that they belong.

Just days away guys let's hear some predictions out there on not only who walks away with the hardware but who you feel might be a big surprise

unfortunately, not seeing Karen Corr on the players list.

she had a very high finish in one of the last couple of years, maybe 3rd or 4th iirc.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
As usual, a crazy tough field. The depth of talent in Joss Tour events has always impressed me, and there are plenty of stone cold killers joining the Joss Tour regulars this week.

I'll be attending the last two days of the event and it will be my first trip to Turning Stone. Can't wait!

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson,

Brickhouse sucks! Table time is high and ain't no pool players out there.

Go to Salt City Billiards. Shane and Earl are playing an exhibition match and there'll be a warmup tourney. That's where you'll find pool players and a pool hall, not just apa players and a sports bar.

I think.

Love,

Lou

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Jayson,

Go to Salt City Billiards. Shane and Earl are playing an exhibition match and there'll be a warmup tourney. That's where you'll find pool players and a pool hall, not just apa players and a sports bar.

I think.

Love,

Lou

Not my experience with BH, plus they have food and drink if you want it. I've played 4 times since last July, so not looking for action anyway.

When Salt was in the old place I didnt see much gambling in there either. Didnt see any when I stopped at the new Salt a few months ago.

If I start playing again I'll hit em both, but it sure is nice being able to eat at the poolroom. I usually dont look at prices, so you could be right about that. Lol

I live up here now for the most part, unfortunately I'm on mid shift and dont get off till 2:30 or 3am. My GF's son is getting married Saturday, so my Turningstone trip is not gonna happen, even though it's an hr away.:angry:
Jason

skook25

Registered
Wow yeah I see that Corr is no longer on players list. I know she was a few days ago along with being on poster.

My prediction is Mika Immonen has a flashback and takes it down. Shaw is gonna get upset early by a shortstop 😜. Thorpe gets deep but doesn't back to finals. Mika -Shane finals in a long close match.

Wonder why Hatch isn't playing? He's usually a regular at Turning Stone

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 - 9 ft blue label

Jason.

Shaw for the win!

If you want to see action there's one place in Syracuse....new location. Salt City Billiards.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not my experience with BH, plus they have food and drink if you want it. I've played 4 times since last July, so not looking for action anyway.

When Salt was in the old place I didnt see much gambling in there either. Didnt see any when I stopped at the new Salt a few months ago.

If I start playing again I'll hit em both, but it sure is nice being able to eat at the poolroom. I usually dont look at prices, so you could be right about that. Lol

I live up here now for the most part, unfortunately I'm on mid shift and dont get off till 2:30 or 3am. My GF's son is getting married Saturday, so my Turningstone trip is not gonna happen, even though it's an hr away.:angry:
Jason

I personally guarantee you get played here. And we do have food and drink, hard to believe I know.

whamo

Registered
Both places are nice. Salt City Billiards is more like an old school place. And Brickhouse is more contemporary place. Both Places are awesome,

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As usual, a crazy tough field. The depth of talent in Joss Tour events has always impressed me, and there are plenty of stone cold killers joining the Joss Tour regulars this week.

I'll be attending the last two days of the event and it will be my first trip to Turning Stone. Can't wait!

I'm sure I'll see you Stu. Be sure and say hi if you see me first!

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson,

I think.

Love,

Lou

Actually Lou, I went to Brickhiuse specifically because it was quiet and empty...perfect to get some practice in on beautiful tables. Practice was not an option at Salt City.

KMRUNOUT

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat Fleming is playing in this tournament? Wow! I'd love to see him shoot. I know he used to be a pro. Somebody take some photos.:cool: