Lightning Chip new and improved!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fargo-based tourney where you get poker chips based on your rating. Usually from 4 to 8 chips. Each match is one game. You lose, you lose a chip. These are getting pretty popular around the country.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't take poker chips to the bank
Chips are just score markers. M&M's or matches could be used if that's what floats ur boat. The best thing about chip tournaments is speed. Each match is ONE game. Winner stays put and loser gets in line for next table. Some do chip count wins, others take final two and play a Fargo-rated race.

rementis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chips are just score markers. M&M's or matches could be used if that's what floats ur boat. The best thing about chip tournaments is speed. Each match is ONE game. Winner stays put and loser gets in line for next table. Some do chip count wins, others take final two and play a Fargo-rated race.

And if you use Lightening Chip Tourney software you don't need any physical chips at all, the computer keeps track!

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?

I downloaded it and set up an example chip tourney, I didn't have too much trouble, but is there a way to change the default settings? Such as chip counts for each Fargo Rating level? I only have 3 tables, and I would like to keep it as short as possible for 8 players.

Thanks

Charlie

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, if you play really slow and get in a long defensive battle that takes forever to end you can have most of your chips left while a good run-out player could be out of the tournament due to his fast playing and run-out skills only to lose quickly if you don't get out every time? A chip tournament sounds good but is a slow player taken into consideration or does he actually benefit from playing slow?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, if you play really slow and get in a long defensive battle that takes forever to end you can have most of your chips left while a good run-out player could be out of the tournament due to his fast playing and run-out skills only to lose quickly if you don't get out every time? A chip tournament sounds good but is a slow player taken into consideration or does he actually benefit from playing slow?

Time it takes to play a game does not matter, all that matters is how many games you win or lose. It's like eating a ice cream cone, if you eat it faster than another person you just ate it faster, the amount of ice cream you had is the same.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm on a Mac OS 10.13.6 and I get the following error when attempting to open the file:

"The file “chip.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges."

Any ideas?

rementis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I downloaded it and set up an example chip tourney, I didn't have too much trouble, but is there a way to change the default settings? Such as chip counts for each Fargo Rating level? I only have 3 tables, and I would like to keep it as short as possible for 8 players.

Thanks

Charlie

Yes, you can change the chip counts for fargo score. It prompts you when you first start the program so you can set them how you like.

rementis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm on a Mac OS 10.13.6 and I get the following error when attempting to open the file:

"The file “chip.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges."

Any ideas?

You might need to run it as administrator.
If that doesn't work you can download the source file and run it directly.