Justin Bergman said he'll play anyone for $10K min.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am pretty sure any of the top 16 at the US Open will play realkingcobra for any amount he is willing to post. Who cares if they play or don't play 10k sets? It is absurd to claim that players of their caliber have never wagered a dollar on a game of pool. I bet these players play for money which isn't known to the rest of the world. Do you know what the Asian pros are doing on friday nights when they are at home? Not many do unless they are in the pool room those guys play at.

When you get to that caliber, the list of people who will gamble even is pretty short and most likely for a lot of money.

I doubt any player in the US Open field would turn down $100 sets vs a random player. It is rare to find a high skilled player who won't gamble at all.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am pretty sure any of the top 16 at the US Open will play realkingcobra for any amount he is willing to post. Who cares if they play or don't play 10k sets? It is absurd to claim that players of their caliber have never wagered a dollar on a game of pool. I bet these players play for money which isn't known to the rest of the world. Do you know what the Asian pros are doing on friday nights when they are at home? Not many do unless they are in the pool room those guys play at.

When you get to that caliber, the list of people who will gamble even is pretty short and most likely for a lot of money.

I doubt any player in the US Open field would turn down $100 sets vs a random player. It is rare to find a high skilled player who won't gamble at all.
And your facts are based on what.....your guessing?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I am pretty sure any of the top 16 at the US Open will play realkingcobra for any amount he is willing to post.
Why does it have to come down to me playing them for money, what does that prove? Tell you what, I'll bet any one of the top plyers, including YOU that none of you stand a chance at rebuilding any pool table better than I can....want to take that bet???

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Why does it have to come down to me playing them for money, what does that prove? Tell you what, I'll bet any one of the top plyers, including YOU that none of you stand a chance at rebuilding any pool table better than I can....want to take that bet???

Wait, so you CAN be the best and gamble? Something isn’t adding up here.
Jason

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just talked to the top 16 players at this years US Open. They all said they have gambled at one time or another. A couple said they have played for table time a few times. A few of them said they sometimes play some races to 3 for $5, when they are feeling froggy.

Case closed....might as well close this thread.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wait, so you CAN be the best and gamble? Something isn’t adding up here.
Jason

It's stupid to make a claim that if I can't beat the best players in the world playing pool, then I shouldn't have an opinion about the effects of gambling on their skills in tournament play. Meaning I can make the same challenge to any top pool player as well, JB as well, does anyone want to bet $10,000 to see who can work on pool tables better than I can.....its just plain ass stupid, one has nothing to do with the other!

I don't have to be one of the top players in the world to see why a player missed a shot. Gambling allows a player to play ONE other player at a time, and learn everything about the other players skills at the same time.

Tournament play does NOT allow a player that luxury, and every player has to be treated with the respect that they can beat you, so focus, attention, and playing NOT to miss that shot you might be able to come back from while gambling. You don't know if that missed shot in a tournament might just be the one that puts you out!!!

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bet a million.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did rebuilding a table get into this discussion? LOL

You are something else. You were an example. Could have used me. Top pros come to my home room a couple times a year. They have been known to play cheap sets with the locals just to stay in stroke.

I have also seen them play 500-1k sets against each other before the main tournament starts or matches are done for the night. One of them is playing in the US Open as I type this.

Chang Jung Lin ran over SVB for money playing in Asia. They are playing again in Texas in a couple weeks.

Your argument that they don't just because you have not heard about it is pretty weak.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
It's stupid to make a claim that if I can't beat the best players in the world playing pool, then I shouldn't have an opinion about the effects of gambling on their skills in tournament play. Meaning I can make the same challenge to any top pool player as well, JB as well, does anyone want to bet $10,000 to see who can work on pool tables better than I can.....its just plain ass stupid, one has nothing to do with the other!

I don't have to be one of the top players in the world to see why a player missed a shot. Gambling allows a player to play ONE other player at a time, and learn everything about the other players skills at the same time.

Tournament play does NOT allow a player that luxury, and every player has to be treated with the respect that they can beat you, so focus, attention, and playing NOT to miss that shot you might be able to come back from while gambling. You don't know if that missed shot in a tournament might just be the one that puts you out!!!

I’m not the one who made that claim.

You rattling on and on about gambling makes no sense whatsoever.
Jason

realkingcobra

Silver Member
How did rebuilding a table get into this discussion? LOL

You are something else. You were an example. Could have used me. Top pros come to my home room a couple times a year. They have been known to play cheap sets with the locals just to stay in stroke.

I have also seen them play 500-1k sets against each other before the main tournament starts or matches are done for the night. One of them is playing in the US Open as I type this.

Chang Jung Lin ran over SVB for money playing in Asia. They are playing again in Texas in a couple weeks.

Your argument that they don't just because you have not heard about it is pretty weak.

And everyone's belief that gambling make for a better player is bullshit!!

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And everyone's belief that gambling make for a better player is bullshit!!

Glenn,

Not sure what is going on with you but.....
I don't think you are helping to drum up more business for yourself here?
First you say, Americans are not ever going to win another US Open. Then you say the top players never gamble. Follow that up with, if they are gambling, it won't help their game.
What exactly is your point?
Are you on some drinking bender?
This thread is about Justin Bergman putting out a challenge to "ANY" player for $10k minimum. Looks like Shane has taken him up and they will play August 1st.
How did this thread become your personal soap box for pool table repair challenges?
Your coming off as a total jerk.....just let it go.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No it can't, all it does is teaches a player they can start out slow, and still win in the long run. In tourna.tournaments you MUST come out the starting blocks firing on ALL cylinders with the intent to win EVERY game.....because there is NO come from behind, and world class tournament player KNOW that!!!

After watching the US Open this statement has zero credibility.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Glenn,

Not sure what is going on with you but.....
I don't think you are helping to drum up more business for yourself here?
First you say, Americans are not ever going to win another US Open. Then you say the top players never gamble. Follow that up with, if they are gambling, it won't help their game.
What exactly is your point?
Are you on some drinking bender?
This thread is about Justin Bergman putting out a challenge to "ANY" player for $10k minimum. Looks like Shane has taken him up and they will play August 1st.
How did this thread become your personal soap box for pool table repair challenges?
Your coming off as a total jerk.....just let it go.

You really have to wonder if he's sane at all.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have learned to never judge people based on their posts online. I couldn't stand John Barton because of his rants here and on FB but he is actually a nice guy in person. We hung out for awhile and even played some one pocket. Glen has a good reputation as far as tables so his thoughts on a forum shouldn't be considered when needing a job done.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have learned to never judge people based on their posts online. I couldn't stand John Barton because of his rants here and on FB but he is actually a nice guy in person. We hung out for awhile and even played some one pocket. Glen has a good reputation as far as tables so his thoughts on a forum shouldn't be considered when needing a job done.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of John Barton either but I choose his product to protect my cues.