30K Tour Finals, who's in?

srs314

shooterville.com
I think the turnout will be good, I will be there but not to play. I know lots of peolple are going!

Rahl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm definitely going down there to see how the action is. Hopefully there will be some outside action going on. I love seeing people bring out some dough outside the tournament.

leaguedude

Elio D'Andrea
Silver Member
I will be there. Added money always gets me off the couch. lol. Besides, Bigwigs is a great room with great owners. see you all there.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bump for bigwigs!

Id be up for a side game, I dont usually make it far in tournaments, might as well keep busy for that long drive. haha.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am 50/50. I don't really like the way hes running it. Takes half your action, and on top of that if you get into the money and you owe penalties, it goes straight into his pocket. It should go back into the pot/prize money.

This is of course if you have not played in over 13+ events. Very few people will have the required amount of stops without any penalties. Ill definitely be there watching I know that.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gatz said:
I am 50/50. I don't really like the way hes running it. Takes half your action, and on top of that if you get into the money and you owe penalties, it goes straight into his pocket. It should go back into the pot/prize money.

This is of course if you have not played in over 13+ events. Very few people will have the required amount of stops without any penalties. Ill definitely be there watching I know that.

I REALLY dont like that he is taking half PLUS the penalties.

I bet if enough people say something, he'll just take the penalty?

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well It should be intresting to see what happens. Im gona ask him why hes doing it in this manner. Even if im not playing. Most people are not going to want to pay the penalties.

And think about it. There are no more than 10 guys that won't get any penalties. If someone comes in 1st and had willie be his banker he just lost $4000.00 dollars lol. Oh and penalty costs hehe.

Last edited:

srs314

shooterville.com
It doesn't sound to me like the best deal except as a player you get to take a free shot at some money.

I'm not sure how much of the penaly money goes into the prize fund if any at all anyway.

One thing I do like is that your 404 events will also count toward your total events.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
srs314 said:
It doesn't sound to me like the best deal except as a player you get to take a free shot at some money.

I'm not sure how much of the penaly money goes into the prize fund if any at all anyway.

One thing I do like is that your 404 events will also count toward your total events.

I played in 5 total events including the 404. Lets do a little discouraging math for me. haha.

$45 entry
50% of the left overs.

So if I finish say 9th, I get $400.
-300 penalty
so basically I get $50? Half of the left over money? So I won $5 by finishing 9th. Imagine if I had to play as an 8, Id be losing money to finish top ten.

say EVERYONE that makes the money uses the banker option, does Willy pocket $10,000?

srs314

shooterville.com
Ya, I didn't do the math nor do I totaly understand the banker thing all I know is if you want a shot at the cash you should put yourself in.

If anywone knows more about how this deal works please post.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After going over the tournament info again, its looking worse and worse.

"The player will pay His/Her entry fee as usual plus the stop fee, if the player doubles his entry fee He/She will play in the finals and all prize money the player may win will first go to paying the remainder of the penalty fees only (no interest or fees) and the balance will be divided 50/50 between the “banker and the player”.

So, lets run this again,

Say I enter with my $35 +$5 fee. then double it.

$80
then by chance I finish 4th $1000

So, I lose $300 for penalties and then 50% of everything else?

so instead of $1000 the payout is $350???

Where does the 50% go?

Say every spot in the money is won by a player that is using the banker option, does that mean that $10,000 will be going out of the tournament fund?

srs314

shooterville.com
Let's just say there are only 64 players. Estimating that 32 have no penalties.

So the average entry is $75 x 32 = $2400

Plus we have the other 32 paying double entry + penalty. $150 + $300 x 32 = 14400

So the total money coming in is 16800? It's $20,000 guranteed so he is adding $3200 of the money he took over 40 events.

Maybe I have it wrong but it's what it looks like on paper and that's what happens when you're not forthecoming about what money goes where.

By the way I'm all for someone getting paid to run something but I think there is a responsiblity to be accountable to the players so they can make an informed decision to support or not.

Here is a link to the site.

http://www.canadian20ktour.com

srs314

shooterville.com
Here are some results,

1. Jason Klatt
2. Elio from Sarnia
3. Scott McDonald
4. Derek Claus

leaguedude

Elio D'Andrea
Silver Member
Here is the money they won!!!!!

1st Jason Klatt $10,700 includes calcutta
2nd Elio D'Andrea $5,400
3rd Scott MacDonald $2,700
4th Dennis Rhodes $1,400
5/6th Derek Claus $1000
5/6th George Cornelius $1000

Last edited:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am really glad that the tournament got going finally. Im glad its over and I hope it never comes back.

I played a few events, as a 5, didnt do too well at them. Called to find out about playing in the finals, just to have something to do and was informed that because I was short events that I had to pay $550 to play and play as a 9+. Awesome.

leaguedude

Elio D'Andrea
Silver Member
I guess you need 5 events played minimum to keep your handicap. Not to mention the penalties. It costed me $340.00 to enter.

H

Harley316

Thanks for the updates.
Congrats to Klatt. He really is one world class player.